Whatever happened to the guy building the Ford Trimotor?

Whatever happened to the guy building the Ford Trimotor?

March 9th, 2012, 3:33 am #1

Somebody was scratch building a Ford Trimotor in (I think) 1/32nd scale. Did he finish it? If so, where can I see pics of it?
Last edited by gingersdad on March 9th, 2012, 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 9th, 2012, 3:48 am #2

I think he's taken on another project and letting the Tri-Motor take a breather... Don't blame him. But it's going to be a show stopper when he gets it all together..

Cheers,
Dave

March 9th, 2012, 6:57 am #3

That thing is a beaut. That Bodo B-24 comes to mind too.

March 9th, 2012, 7:20 am #4

The B-24 is still waiting to be finished. Somehow I´m infected with the 1/32 virus and have built several
of these big birds. Currently I´m finishing the building part of Trumpeter´s F-8 and will soon go over to painting.

Thanks for your interest!

Bodo

Here are some Pics

March 9th, 2012, 12:55 pm #5

Somebody was scratch building a Ford Trimotor in (I think) 1/32nd scale. Did he finish it? If so, where can I see pics of it?
It's one of those projects I really need to be focused and motivated for, otherwise I'm afraid I'll start cutting corners and do things in any fashion just to get it done. It's sitting in full view on my bench just to remind me it's still there.

I am presently in talks with a tool and die maker to see about the feasability of having some corrugated rolls made to roll my own corrugated aluminum to the correct scale width. The actual bird is 1.5 inch corrugations. The .030 spacing I am using from K&S works out to roughly an inch. We'll see.

Thanks for the inquiry 'Dad.

Cheers
Mike

"You cannot believe every quote you read on the internet". - Abraham Lincoln

March 9th, 2012, 9:01 pm #6

The B-24 is still waiting to be finished. Somehow I´m infected with the 1/32 virus and have built several
of these big birds. Currently I´m finishing the building part of Trumpeter´s F-8 and will soon go over to painting.

Bodo

Here are some Pics

Looking good. Looking forward to mir LIB WIP too

March 14th, 2012, 9:46 pm #7

Bodo

Here are some Pics

the F-8 crusader? Fantastic work!!! Thanks