What to do about painted that I spilled on my carpet.

What to do about painted that I spilled on my carpet.

March 12th, 2018, 7:10 pm #1

I dropped some paint (tamiya acrylic black color) on my carpet (beige color). I tried to clean it up with some tamiya thinners. It got some of the paint out...but there still is some in the carpet.

Anyone know what to do in this situation?

March 12th, 2018, 7:12 pm #2

Sorry had to say that...

You might try Windex. I've never had great luck getting paint all the way out of fabric. Once it gets in the fibers it doesnt come out. Ask my mom from when I was a kid...

March 12th, 2018, 7:12 pm #3

I dropped some paint (tamiya acrylic black color) on my carpet (beige color). I tried to clean it up with some tamiya thinners. It got some of the paint out...but there still is some in the carpet.

Not much else to do
Grammar: The difference between knowing your shit and knowing you’re shit.

March 12th, 2018, 7:26 pm #4

https://www.zoro.com/goof-off-professio ... /G3558712/

Last edited by samodeldad on March 12th, 2018, 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steven “Modeldad” Eisenman

I really don't care, do U

March 12th, 2018, 8:29 pm #5

I've had good success with Goof Off and agree with Steven it's worth a try. However, massive quantities can do bad things to the carpet pad underneath. Start with small quantities and blot with a clean rag. Be careful with the accumulation of Goof-Off soaked rags. The fumes are nasty and they will be fire hazard. You can find Good Off at Home Depot among other places. Good luck!

March 12th, 2018, 10:09 pm #6

The area you clean no matter what, will never match the surrounding area ever again. however one time I did this. what I did was I went and took some acrylic paint mixed to best match the surrounding area the same color as the rest of the carpet to camouflage it. the only suggestion I can offer is as stated above, get a throw rug
Good Luck

Max Bryant
Last edited by takenname1 on March 12th, 2018, 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers,
Max Bryant

"You'll Love My Wingnuts!"

March 12th, 2018, 11:06 pm #7

Won't even hurt the carpet and will remove the paint.

Dale

March 12th, 2018, 11:23 pm #8

it just thins the paint and penetrates deeper into the material. Simple Green sprayed onto the spots generously (if you have hardwood floors underneath the carpet, don't use so much that it soaks through) and then cover with a HOT wet washcloth or rag. Cover everything with a plastic bag and let it soak an hour or so. Simple Green (or even Super Clean, it's a concentrated Formula 409) will help soften the paint to where it will let go of the material.

Cheers,
Dave

March 12th, 2018, 11:46 pm #9

light burnt orange carpet (it was the '70's, - don't ask). I used Floquil thinner on it real heavily, like most of a can. Then I immediatly rented a carpet cleaner, and went over it about 3 times. Amazingly, I got it all out. Good thing I was a newlywed, ohterwise I'd be pushing up daisys.
Give it a try; can't make it worse.

March 13th, 2018, 7:26 am #10

buy more paint and change the colour of the carpet.
George, out............