What new resin civilian figures would you like to see?

What new resin civilian figures would you like to see?

June 11th, 2011, 3:40 pm #1

Hi there to all.

This poll is for research purposes, it is very serious in nature and I would appreciate it if you give your imput on figures that you would actually want to buy.

Since I have lost my regular day job due to a corporate downsizing I am now doing the business full time and I am looking to expand the figure range by creating and offering different civilians in resin.

I am looking at doing civilians in 1/35, 54mm, and 1/48 scales. Most of these releases will be simple individual figures or small sets. Most of the figures will be one piece castings all the way to 3 piece castings (arms separate). I want to be able to sell these resin figures at around $10.00USD per figure if not lower. I want to make them very affordable and cost effective to produce and market. I am not looking to get rich at this just want to be able to pay the bills.

I will compile a list of the most popular themes and give my sculptor the go ahead to start the mastering process.

Any research help, photos, etc that you can also provide would be most welcomed. You can send any photos, or research help such as drawings, paintings, etc to tigerdio@bestweb.net

I sincerely thank you all for your honest and informative participation with this poll. In the end it will benefit us all. You will get some nice resin civilians at a cheap and affordable price and I get to produce more of them as well.

Cheers,

Jose.T.Rodriguez
Tiger Productions

June 11th, 2011, 4:59 pm #2

Hi Jose,
Sorry to hear about your job loss. Hope things work out. As far as civilians go I would like to see more refugee types especially winter late WW II Eastern front. You know people you could mix in with retreating German Units fleeing the Russians. The same goes for Western Europe 1940. Also civilians scrounging stuff off of old battlefields. I know the Arabs were infamous for doing it in North Africa,but they weren't the only ones. A lot of good stuff left behind after the fights over. We're getting some new sets now from Miniart and Masterbox,but they're mostly just people standing around,I would like to see more active figures. Just my two cents worth,hope it helps.
Regards, Bob

June 11th, 2011, 9:03 pm #3

Hi there to all.

This poll is for research purposes, it is very serious in nature and I would appreciate it if you give your imput on figures that you would actually want to buy.

Since I have lost my regular day job due to a corporate downsizing I am now doing the business full time and I am looking to expand the figure range by creating and offering different civilians in resin.

I am looking at doing civilians in 1/35, 54mm, and 1/48 scales. Most of these releases will be simple individual figures or small sets. Most of the figures will be one piece castings all the way to 3 piece castings (arms separate). I want to be able to sell these resin figures at around $10.00USD per figure if not lower. I want to make them very affordable and cost effective to produce and market. I am not looking to get rich at this just want to be able to pay the bills.

I will compile a list of the most popular themes and give my sculptor the go ahead to start the mastering process.

Any research help, photos, etc that you can also provide would be most welcomed. You can send any photos, or research help such as drawings, paintings, etc to tigerdio@bestweb.net

I sincerely thank you all for your honest and informative participation with this poll. In the end it will benefit us all. You will get some nice resin civilians at a cheap and affordable price and I get to produce more of them as well.

Cheers,

Jose.T.Rodriguez
Tiger Productions
Hello, Jose;
I think the best thing is to do figures that can be in multiple places (across Europe for WWII or???). If you look at the new MB? set it shows figures that can only be used realistically on the eastern front. Make yours more universal. I mean that most styles of dress across Germany, France, Italy... were basically the same.
Also, look at some of Preiser's sets. They make awesome figures, 6 per box usually for about $20.00 & they have several sets of civilians, some are waving, some digging in ruins.... You can get a good idea from there. One idea I have is civilians carry dead or wounded civilians. Unfortunate as it is, collateral damage does happen. Another ; women acting as nurses, picture that Dutch woman's house in 'A Bridge too Far' where she is helping Lawrence Olivier trying to save wounded Brit paras.
Soldiers helping civilians would be good too.
Another thing passed down from my Grandfather, when their troops drove into the Ukraine, Ukrainian woman and girls ran up to them, tossing flowers, handing bread and cheese or bottles of vodka... to the 'Liberators', saving them from the Bolsheviks. (stupid move not embracing them but the politicos were asses...)

Of course, (depending on clothing styles)those same gift bearing people could be used running to the allies as they bring liberation from the Channel to the Wistula.

Also, figures from the middle east would be good as most of the conflicts over there are in the midst of civilian homes... (Of course, this could be said of the many battles across Europe too.)

I would also say that figures doing something are far better than not. Most of you competitors do the standard crap; people standing around smoking, and/or drinking a Pepsi. If that was war, we'd be bored of tanks & planes fast. Personally, although I have made some 'pause in the midst of chaos' dios, mostly I build combat action

IHTH,

USMC
Jay "Todtjager" Barbarisch

Jay "Todtjager" Barbarisch

"Arsenal"
Model kits, Buy, Sell, Trade; Armor, Aircraft, Figures, resin, ...

Built ups & a WWII 1/35 Parts Depot.

I'm in Michigan USA.

My Sales & Want Lists can are viewable on my site;

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/todtjager

" Hastverk mote Dod, for Deres sted tatt!"

" Alea Iacta est." "Veni Vidi Vici!"

June 14th, 2011, 10:13 pm #4

Hi there to all.

Cheers,

Jose.T.Rodriguez
Tiger Productions
both Euro, and North American. Sorry, no Mennonites or Amish!
Civilians (males) wearing jackets,hats, and ties like many men in the 30's,40's, and 50's used to wear.. see Tom Landry or Paul Brown)

Police officers...polzei...PoPo...coppers...da fuzz.....

bubbas- those colorful folk of the rual US, the ones who wear the just a little too short to cover the belly shirts, the lynard skynard tee shirts from 1980, and the ever popular mullets...

soccer hooligans... complete with head gear to hide their identity.....
gang bangers.... see above

and, of course, da wimmin!

I wish you the best, Jose, your path forward is rough, and you are going into a line of business that is fraught with pitfalls..... One thing I can say, remember always, it's your BUSINESS, no longer a hobby!

"Google is NOT my damn friend!"

-anonymous caller to my help desk

George Oh
George Oh

June 24th, 2011, 10:19 am #5

Hi there to all.

Cheers,

Jose.T.Rodriguez
Tiger Productions
, people you see responding to a natural disaster (fixing downed power lines, repoving fallen tres, serving food & coffee to workers and survivors).
Also the night-club and beach-scene set. Oh, and I am seeking a 1/48-scale bikini-clad snorkel (or SCUBA)-diver.
George, out...........

July 10th, 2011, 4:20 pm #6

Hi there to all.

Cheers,

Jose.T.Rodriguez
Tiger Productions
We need 1/32 figures to go along with all the WWII1/32 aircraft kits. Deck crews, Pacific theater crews without shirts, more animated pilot posess other than just sitting in the cockpit like climbing in and out, stuff like that.

1/35 Animated civilians, greeting troops as they enter a city, refugees scrounging for stuff

1/35 British infantry figures - the hobby has more than enough Germans

Craig