What kind of glue can I use for

What kind of glue can I use for

September 18th, 2007, 5:40 am #1

for a soft vinyl model? It is a long neck Dinosaur that my daughter wants to build. We have cleaned all the flash/pour-stubs off and are ready to glue the beast together. Only problem is I build 1/48 aircraft. I have no clue what kind of glue to use on a soft vinyl kit. We had to use a blow drier to soften the vinyl in order to cut it easily. any help will do.
Thanks
Anthony

Glen the Rotorhead
Glen the Rotorhead

September 18th, 2007, 11:57 am #2

I use ZAP slow cure (green bottle). Soften the viny with a hair dryer, apply a few small drops and press the parts together. Best to hit it with some accelerator. Once everything is tack-glued, you can run a bead all the way around (make sure the accelerator has completely dried first or you won't get good penetration.) Then spray with accelerator again.

These joints will hold up to most anything except being dropped, especially when cold. If you want to be really safe, fill the parts with plaster and use pieces of coat hanger with epoxy to make the joints more permanent. Make sure not to add plaster too fast as it builds up a lot of heat - like don't try to fill the whole model in one pour.

Good luck!