What if any are the differences between the 2007 and 2008 Ducati

What if any are the differences between the 2007 and 2008 Ducati

December 3rd, 2010, 2:43 pm #1

ridden in the GP races.

I ask because i would like to do the Italeri 1/9 Stoner GP bike. There is a kit for the 2008 ride and a pre painted kit for the 2007 bike.

the main problem is there is a great detail set for the 2007 bike, will it fit the 2008 bike?????????

thanks for any help.

joe.

Steve M
Steve M

December 4th, 2010, 2:45 am #2

GP8 was basically an evolution of the GP7, with the same 799cc engine, aluminium swing arm and tubular steel frame of the '07 champion bike. Only significant difference was some suspension geometry, and some cowling variations that won't be effected by a detail set.

On the GP7, some changes were made after the Turkish GP, due to other Manufacturer's complaints. The size of the rear fairing area behind the seat was increased, and a fuel overflow catch-can was added to the right side of the forward chassis... The GP7 was designed with the catch-can inside the chassis cavity, but for the sake of transparency the factory attached a second rectangular plastic container to the outside of the chassis under the fairing, so that it could be easily inspected.

Whether the detail set has the catch-can and attachments included should be the only difference between what's required for the '08 model. So, all good!

HTH,
Steve.

December 4th, 2010, 5:24 pm #3

response in the box. I hope to start construction during some time off at Christmas.

Regards,

joe.