What i 've been doing these past 9 months Part 1- My purple Rufe ( Jo-Han 1/72)

What i 've been doing these past 9 months Part 1- My purple Rufe ( Jo-Han 1/72)

iulianos
iulianos

April 25th, 2012, 10:44 pm #1

How does the term glacier-pace scale modelling sound like? I've been doing some of this and the result is this small Rufe for your viewing pleasure. It is the Jo-Han kit , a cheap ( well , cheaper) alternative to the Hasegawa kit. I used an Eduard zoom set to build up a cockpit, a part of a Squadron vac canopy and i did some additions/replacements here and there.
This is suposed to be a machine from the Sasebo Kokutai , used to patrol the coastal sea of Japan ,and the purple colour is actually green that has weathered poorly to this ...shade. The model is brush painted .The colours are eyeballed enamel and acrylics. Clear cotes from spray can, grey - brown oil washes, chipping by dry brush and toothpicks , some pastels.
Ah! The tail code 105 SHOULD BE 108.You have been warned... Comments and critic welcome! Hope you like it..

iulianos, Corfu , Greece

April 26th, 2012, 4:23 am #2

I like it a lot! Nice job on weathering!

April 26th, 2012, 4:28 am #3

How does the term glacier-pace scale modelling sound like? I've been doing some of this and the result is this small Rufe for your viewing pleasure. It is the Jo-Han kit , a cheap ( well , cheaper) alternative to the Hasegawa kit. I used an Eduard zoom set to build up a cockpit, a part of a Squadron vac canopy and i did some additions/replacements here and there.
This is suposed to be a machine from the Sasebo Kokutai , used to patrol the coastal sea of Japan ,and the purple colour is actually green that has weathered poorly to this ...shade. The model is brush painted .The colours are eyeballed enamel and acrylics. Clear cotes from spray can, grey - brown oil washes, chipping by dry brush and toothpicks , some pastels.
Ah! The tail code 105 SHOULD BE 108.You have been warned... Comments and critic welcome! Hope you like it..

iulianos, Corfu , Greece

To Heck with the pundits who claim there were no purple Japanese Aircraft. Adios, Larry.

Field Artillery brings dignity to what otherwise might be merely a vulgar brawl.

April 26th, 2012, 1:18 pm #4

iulianos, Corfu , Greece

I like 'em purple too.

Stuart

April 26th, 2012, 8:16 pm #5

iulianos, Corfu , Greece

The color is cool, the weathering is well done and it looks like it's seen a lot of action. Wonderful!

Regards,

Dan From Tacoma, Washington USA

April 26th, 2012, 8:49 pm #6

iulianos, Corfu , Greece

And I am still tempted to do my Rufe in purple - it sets it a bit apart from all other builds on my shelf

I love the open vac canopy - wish I had though of that for mine, but the canopy is currently glued on, and masked

Very nice well worn look

* <i></i> * *
William De Coster / Belgium / Plastic Stories

1/72 - Special Hobby - TT-1 Pinto : Part I (incl Panthers Cup 2012 show report)
1/72 - Airfix/Jo-Han - Mitsubishi Zero/Rufe conversion: Part I

Just like the perfect woman doesn't exist, I will never build a perfect model.
Puts me on a par with God

April 29th, 2012, 5:50 pm #7

iulianos, Corfu , Greece

and fantastic weathering job!

Dany Hovinga
Dany Hovinga

May 1st, 2012, 2:31 am #8

iulianos, Corfu , Greece

n/m