what are the choices for a 48th scale 2 hole scooter?

what are the choices for a 48th scale 2 hole scooter?

February 14th, 2018, 9:45 pm #1

looking for a 48th scale TA-4j.

I am aware of the CA kit.... didn't Hasegawa do one as well, or even pro modeller???

Is the A-4f the same as a ta-4j externally?
Last edited by Obadiah on February 14th, 2018, 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Only a couple of choices

February 14th, 2018, 10:06 pm #2

Several companies have done 2 seater A-4 Skyhawks

Fujimi - Stay away from this one as it is more 1/50th and to be honest something does not look right with it.

Monogram - The only 2 seater was an OA-4M which is a different beast than a TA-4J. No promodeler release.

Classic Airframes - They did a TA-4J in a couple of boxings. Comes with resin pieces and if my memory serves me correctly, the only one to get the leading edge slat pockets right.

Hasegawa - Released several boxings of the TA-4j. Same kit different markings. Only one available now and a great kit.

Cheers
Chris

War eagle vac

February 15th, 2018, 4:31 am #3

War eagle did a conversion for the monogram OA-4M, shows up on eBay from time to time
Builder of clean 3 footers, and the occasional 1 footer...

Oh yeah forgot that one

February 15th, 2018, 5:45 am #4

and I even have it. I guess when the Classic Airframes kits and the Hasegawa verison got released that vac was in the never to build pile.

Cheers
Chris
Last edited by Chris Aleong on February 15th, 2018, 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Academy/Minicraft

February 15th, 2018, 1:50 pm #5

Several companies have done 2 seater A-4 Skyhawks

Fujimi - Stay away from this one as it is more 1/50th and to be honest something does not look right with it.

Monogram - The only 2 seater was an OA-4M which is a different beast than a TA-4J. No promodeler release.

Classic Airframes - They did a TA-4J in a couple of boxings. Comes with resin pieces and if my memory serves me correctly, the only one to get the leading edge slat pockets right.

Hasegawa - Released several boxings of the TA-4j. Same kit different markings. Only one available now and a great kit.

Cheers
Chris
Kit is a clone of the old Fujimi kit, 1/50th scale and all. The same for the A-4E.
Don McIntyre
Clarksville, TN

"The more I deal with people, the more I like my dog."

Hey Mc, also, AZ Model reboxed the CA kit. NZ boxing.

February 15th, 2018, 3:03 pm #6

looking for a 48th scale TA-4j.

I am aware of the CA kit.... didn't Hasegawa do one as well, or even pro modeller???

Is the A-4f the same as a ta-4j externally?
UMM has some left.

http://umm-usa.com/onlinestore/index.ph ... rers_id=23