What a coincident. I too have a Hunter to show.

What a coincident. I too have a Hunter to show.

April 13th, 2012, 2:37 pm #1

Here is my Revell Hawker Hunter in 1/32 scale. An enjoyable build until I got to the decals. They were Pro-Modeler decals, thin and brittle. The ones for the bottom of the wings I sprayed with Testors Gloss Coat but they still gave me fits.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
I hope I got the bottom color right. The MM bottle only called it "Underside Grey".
[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Thats all. But can anybody identify the one serious blunder I commited. I will reveal it later in the day.

Remember...... Happiness can be cured. See me for further details.

April 13th, 2012, 2:51 pm #2

....to go where that nosewheel is pointing

Dedicated to the ignorance of fashion, and to proving that existentialism is not ultimately resolved by the veneration of camouflage

April 13th, 2012, 3:05 pm #3

to be installed in the wheel well before the wheel well in located in the fuselage side. Now any experienced modeler knows that that is an invitation to disaster. I had to trim and sand down the pins on the pivot pointand with that done I used Gorilla Glue to keep it in place. It wasnt until I was taking the pictures that I realized the mistake.

April 13th, 2012, 8:49 pm #4

Here is my Revell Hawker Hunter in 1/32 scale. An enjoyable build until I got to the decals. They were Pro-Modeler decals, thin and brittle. The ones for the bottom of the wings I sprayed with Testors Gloss Coat but they still gave me fits.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
I hope I got the bottom color right. The MM bottle only called it "Underside Grey".
[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Thats all. But can anybody identify the one serious blunder I commited. I will reveal it later in the day.

An outstanding work your Hunter !!!!!! hope you can reverse the nose gear !!!!

Alberto

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK

April 14th, 2012, 1:00 am #5

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Nice work on one of my favorites....Paul

April 14th, 2012, 2:18 am #6

An outstanding work your Hunter !!!!!! hope you can reverse the nose gear !!!!

Alberto

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK
nose gear. Gorilla glue is unforgiving.

April 14th, 2012, 2:20 am #7

Nice work on one of my favorites....Paul
in Europe and he likes it too.

April 17th, 2012, 11:46 am #8

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Am I right in thinking you've used the incorrect roundels on the upper wing sufaces, but if you still have the original decal sheet you can overlay the low-viz type over that one, sorted !!. Nice model I've biult the same bird and used a Paragon bang seat to enhance the cockpit.

April 17th, 2012, 1:09 pm #9

ever, go back and look at the nose wheel strut and the read the first few answers to my post.

April 18th, 2012, 2:29 pm #10

on the nosewheel, but if you check your references, the Hunter FGA.9 of 45 Sqn that you depict carried the low-viz style roundels in all six positions.