Well there's no turning back now: Rivets on the Ventura...

Well there's no turning back now: Rivets on the Ventura...

March 15th, 2012, 2:45 pm #1

Armed with the Paul Matt drawings and spending a couple of evenings sitting in front of the TV with The Pacific DVDs playing, I've managed get the right upper wing all riveted:

I figure if I get the wings out of the way first, the fuselage and tail planes should be a snap.

And as always, questions and criticism welcome.

Cheers,
Tony
Last edited by Tony Bell on March 15th, 2012, 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 15th, 2012, 3:02 pm #2

'My' only criticism...

Your bonkers!

Fantastic work Tony! I don't see one rivet out of place...

We stole the eagle from the Air Force, the anchor from the Navy, and the rope from the Army.
On the seventh day while God rested, we overran his perimeter, stole the globe, and we've been running the whole show ever since.

Semper Fi, Don
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.”
- Ronald Reagan

Semper Fi, Don
Luke: 22:36

March 15th, 2012, 3:05 pm #3

Armed with the Paul Matt drawings and spending a couple of evenings sitting in front of the TV with The Pacific DVDs playing, I've managed get the right upper wing all riveted:

I figure if I get the wings out of the way first, the fuselage and tail planes should be a snap.

Cheers,
Tony
...you have 46.  Other than that it looks pretty good!  

Do you still use the homemade tool from one of your articles (P-47?)?  I'm about to attempt my first full rivet job soon, I've done a little bit of re-riveting on pre-riveted kits so far, which I've found easier with the one-at-a-time method, but think a wheeled tool may be better for un-riveted kits. 

March 15th, 2012, 3:10 pm #4

Cheers,
Tony
I don't think you saw much of The Pacific! That is outstanding!!

March 15th, 2012, 3:14 pm #5

'My' only criticism...

Your bonkers!

Fantastic work Tony! I don't see one rivet out of place...

We stole the eagle from the Air Force, the anchor from the Navy, and the rope from the Army.
On the seventh day while God rested, we overran his perimeter, stole the globe, and we've been running the whole show ever since.

Semper Fi, Don
That's NOT criticism, it's an 'observation'!! LOL!! N/T

March 15th, 2012, 3:43 pm #6

Cheers,
Tony
n/t

March 15th, 2012, 4:35 pm #7

Cheers,
Tony
...it looks great but when Trumpeter (and some others) do this a cry goes out,"too many rivets' or "too big of rivets". But then a kit comes out that has none the 'need' to put them on happens. Like I said I like what you have done.

Dry fit, don't fit, fix fit.

Google IS your friend.

March 15th, 2012, 4:36 pm #8

Cheers,
Tony
Whoa. Dude.

:D
chuk

March 15th, 2012, 4:51 pm #9

Cheers,
Tony
nice start

March 15th, 2012, 5:48 pm #10

Cheers,
Tony
nm