Weekend Haul.................

Weekend Haul.................

March 26th, 2012, 1:40 pm #1

Scooted up to Massachusetts on Sunday for the Wings&Wheels contest. Some wonderful builds at a great venue with ever increasing vendor tables, (My real reason for going !!).
Building for fun can still take home some metal but I'm glad I'm not as serious about this as I once was...

A second for the 25 and two thirds, good fun...

My REAL reason for going, about 5bucks each or less, I did blow my dollar limit per kit when I bought the "Thatched Cottage" for Su's stash at 15 dollars....

Sadly, full-time soccer Mom and baby-sitting at work leaves her drained at the end of day with no umph to build. She'll get back to it.
Did you notice two kits in one for 5bucks on the LM? And the "Rita" for 5 as well? Woo-hoo...

Thanks,
Allan

Youth, talent, hard work, and enthusiasm are no match for old age and treachery.

Multiple Mosquito Build, 1/72: Intro Part 1 Part 1.5 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Part 8 Fini

Fathers Day A6M2: Intro Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Finish

Airfix Stuka 1/72: Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Finish

Airfix Hurricane 1/72: Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Part 8 Finish

Airfix Orion III: Build Tutorial Finish

March 26th, 2012, 2:06 pm #2

Nice little haul. On a Japan kick are we? :) n/t

March 26th, 2012, 2:30 pm #3

Scooted up to Massachusetts on Sunday for the Wings&Wheels contest. Some wonderful builds at a great venue with ever increasing vendor tables, (My real reason for going !!).
Building for fun can still take home some metal but I'm glad I'm not as serious about this as I once was...

My REAL reason for going, about 5bucks each or less, I did blow my dollar limit per kit when I bought the "Thatched Cottage" for Su's stash at 15 dollars....

Sadly, full-time soccer Mom and baby-sitting at work leaves her drained at the end of day with no umph to build. She'll get back to it.
Did you notice two kits in one for 5bucks on the LM? And the "Rita" for 5 as well? Woo-hoo...

Thanks,
Allan

Youth, talent, hard work, and enthusiasm are no match for old age and treachery.

Multiple Mosquito Build, 1/72: Intro Part 1 Part 1.5 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Part 8 Fini

Airfix Hurricane 1/72: Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Part 8 Finish

Glad to see your most excellent Mitchel got some recognition.

And man, that Trimotor kit takes me back. I also built the Babs once upon a time, unless it was a different kit.

Stuart

March 26th, 2012, 2:51 pm #4

Thanks,
Allan

...as they were the kits that the local dep store carried when I was a child (along with fewer airfix and matchbox), and my pocket money went for those. Nowadays, I'm re-buying all of those on the e-bay...
Massimo LaCivita

March 26th, 2012, 4:43 pm #5

Thanks,
Allan

Hey Allan, I just picked up that Mania 1/72 Babs. Sweet looking kit

Cheers, Vic

March 26th, 2012, 7:10 pm #6

Thanks,
Allan

the Mother in Law will be amazed!!!

cheers
Andrew

March 26th, 2012, 7:24 pm #7

nt

March 26th, 2012, 9:35 pm #8

Thanks,
Allan

That is a nice reward for your efforts, and its nice to see that old Airfix kits still in the competition with enough TLC. Nice haul of kits as well, last swap meeting I went to I found a coupe of Fireflys just in time for the next GB

Fred

March 27th, 2012, 12:52 am #9

Thanks,
Allan

is it 1/72nd scale? I can't recall. Also the skies, does it have wheels too? Lastly, what decals does it have? Sorry, haven't seen that kit in a month of Sunday's. Thanks Mike

March 27th, 2012, 1:20 am #10

It's in an odd-ball scale; a quick google returns the following opinions: 1/87, 1/77, and "smaller than 1/72". This is the boxing I remember from my long-distant youth:

As it says on the box, it has both wheels and skis and even dogs! (Dunno if they changed something in the new boxing, though.)

I probably wasn't yet 10 when I built this kit, but I do recall enjoying it immensely.

Stuart