WC-135 Constant Phoenix WIP

WC-135 Constant Phoenix WIP

July 1st, 2018, 9:09 pm #1

Some of you might remember when this build started... last year... as an EC-135 ARIA aircraft. Well, long story, but I abandoned that project, and moved toward finishing it as a WC-135. The Constant Phoenix aircraft are more easily identified as "nuke sniffers," which under the auspices of "weather" reconnaissance, monitor nuclear weapons activity around the globe. They've been particularly busy around the Korean Peninsula lately. The mods to the boomers pod and tail were already handled in its previous incarnation, so I added a Fisher nose, and the sensor pods on either side of the fuselage. These were fashioned from scrap parts and putty. Here she is today with a flaw revealing coat of aluminum primer... It'll be getting the TF33 engines on the right... and those are Scale Aircraft Conversion landing gear replacements...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Last edited by bluedot25 on July 1st, 2018, 9:09 pm, edited 5 times in total.

July 3rd, 2018, 3:20 pm #2

Looking great so far.   Following along with this one.   Are the SAC landing gear worth it in this scale?  
Don

July 3rd, 2018, 5:04 pm #3

Thanks Don... I do think the SAC gear are worth it... The kit parts are nice, but cleaning up the seams is difficult because some of the delicate areas are prone to breaking. The SAC gear needs a little clean up too but is much stronger. The mains will need a little tweaking to get them to fit, and the nose gear really needs to be installed before gluing the fuselage halves together. (I didn't do that... still need to work that out!)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk