WARNING:Rant! What we Aren't Paying Enough $$ 4 shipping? 3rd

WARNING:Rant! What we Aren't Paying Enough $$ 4 shipping? 3rd

July 13th, 2012, 8:01 pm #1

box in a row looks more like an Accordion than something stamped FRAGILE. Do all my packages have to go through the Gorilla training camps? Not one shipper like USPS to blame either as I just got my FedEx box from Squadron & EVERY box but one has dents and creases in them now! Some of us like the box art too ya know. Is a dented/wrinkled box enough for a claim if I paid my $1.00 insurance? Just miffed man-tired of this. Yesterdays Hyper purchase had the boxes buckled severely, C'Mon! Was hoping to del better by now...

July 13th, 2012, 8:08 pm #2

I haven't had a problem with damaged packages in forever. The UPS guy used to leave a little dog biscut when we had a pooch. Out here in the panhandle of Florida, we have no complaints.

Jim Johnson

July 13th, 2012, 8:21 pm #3

box in a row looks more like an Accordion than something stamped FRAGILE. Do all my packages have to go through the Gorilla training camps? Not one shipper like USPS to blame either as I just got my FedEx box from Squadron & EVERY box but one has dents and creases in them now! Some of us like the box art too ya know. Is a dented/wrinkled box enough for a claim if I paid my $1.00 insurance? Just miffed man-tired of this. Yesterdays Hyper purchase had the boxes buckled severely, C'Mon! Was hoping to del better by now...
not the box.

If the plastic is damaged you have an issue, if the cardboard is bent, not an issue.

There is no such thing as an unbuildable kit, just some kits one may consider not worth building.

Ive realized that most people ... tend not to be direct when they feel something is shoddy because they want to be liked, "which is actually a vain trait".
[Walter Isaacson's (author of Steve Jobs) recounting of his interview with Jony Ive, Chief Designer at Apple @ page p. 461]

BUY THIS BOOK
http://tinyurl.com/Ididntseeitcoming

July 13th, 2012, 8:22 pm #4

I haven't had a problem with damaged packages in forever. The UPS guy used to leave a little dog biscut when we had a pooch. Out here in the panhandle of Florida, we have no complaints.

Jim Johnson
n/t

July 13th, 2012, 8:44 pm #5

I had a replacement four foot spar for a r/c model delivered, not only was the box folded in half, there was packing tape holding the damaged sections together. I just looked at the UPS guy and said really, you got the balls to hand me this? I wouldn't accept it and asked for a supervisor. Days later one showed up and wanted to know what was the issue. They needed time to investigate, they had to check if it was boxed properly to begin with. I said just match the boot print on the box to one of their workers to find out where the problems was.
I stopped shipping stuff years ago because of too many complaint from the other end.

July 13th, 2012, 9:19 pm #6

not the box.

If the plastic is damaged you have an issue, if the cardboard is bent, not an issue.

There is no such thing as an unbuildable kit, just some kits one may consider not worth building.

Ive realized that most people ... tend not to be direct when they feel something is shoddy because they want to be liked, "which is actually a vain trait".
[Walter Isaacson's (author of Steve Jobs) recounting of his interview with Jony Ive, Chief Designer at Apple @ page p. 461]

BUY THIS BOOK
Old Digger Pilot

July 13th, 2012, 9:23 pm #7

I had a replacement four foot spar for a r/c model delivered, not only was the box folded in half, there was packing tape holding the damaged sections together. I just looked at the UPS guy and said really, you got the balls to hand me this? I wouldn't accept it and asked for a supervisor. Days later one showed up and wanted to know what was the issue. They needed time to investigate, they had to check if it was boxed properly to begin with. I said just match the boot print on the box to one of their workers to find out where the problems was.
I stopped shipping stuff years ago because of too many complaint from the other end.
Came smashed, the plastic was OK, but the boxes were trash.

Old Digger Pilot

July 13th, 2012, 9:24 pm #8

Old Digger Pilot
I'm fighting a Roden Gladiator, and the box at this stage does look nicer.

BUY THIS BOOK

July 13th, 2012, 9:42 pm #9

a copy of the invoice, reboxing the two damaged (Plastic damage found after inspection) kits within the original beat up box and setting it out on the porch for Fed Ex pickup to return for replacement. Yay, fun stuff for sure.
Regardless, I don't pay for Gorillas to assault my packages. You don't mind damaged kit boxes, well I do. Would rather have one that arrives in clean condition as it should. Not only to leave me the option to keep the box art should I decide to, but to resell in clean condition if I do not build it.

July 13th, 2012, 10:09 pm #10

Both USPS deliveries. One was a box with several kits in it. One side of the carton was used as a step stool and the model kit inside facing out was crushed. I also received a small box with one Airfix kit in it. looks like one end was ran over by a steamroller and the kit box is crushed. How the kit itself wasn't 'shattered' is a mystery.
I was gonna take it in to show them and complain but it would just be a waste of time....

Cheers,

Max Bryant

"You'll Love My Wingnuts!"