Want the Johan 1958 Cadillac......

Want the Johan 1958 Cadillac......

January 19th, 2011, 1:31 pm #1

Back on page 20, (12-04 & 12-07-2009) I posted a message hunting for the out-of-production (?) Johan 1958 Cadillac Fleetwood "Sixtie Special."

I went to the IPMS/USA contest in Phoenix last August and no vendor's had the model.

I have looked of several web sites like Fred's Model World, etc; and I do not find it anywhere.

Do you know of anybody that has one for sale?

Rodney in Colorado/USA
-------------------

January 19th, 2011, 3:56 pm #2

Your best bet in finding something like this is eBay. Run a search once a week or so and I bet you'll turn at least one up in less than 60 days.

Unbuilt kits and minty promos can be SPENDY. But you can often find repairable/restorable "glue bombs" at very reasonable prices. Check with Modelhaus to see what repro parts are available for this kit (bumpers, grilles, glass, taillights, etc.) so you can adequately evaluate the worth of such glue bombs and their restoration potential.

Good luck with your search!

"Don't let us get sick,
Don't let us get old,
Don't let us get stupid, all right?"

--Warren Zevon

"Two out of three ain't bad."

--Meat Loaf (actually Jim Steinman)

January 20th, 2011, 1:36 am #3

Hi Snake...........thank for the ideas. There is most likely some modeler out there that has several of them and he is going to build all of then one day.........I was at that pace once with about 1,800 kits. I now have about 5 in my closet.

I built about 6 cars last year along with a dozen airplanes and one helicopter. My 2nd 1959 Caddy Convertible is up on my workbench right now.

Rodney
------------