Vosper MTB

Vosper MTB

June 8th, 2012, 5:21 pm #1

This is the Italeri kit in 1/35th scale. A good kit, but there is a lot of room for adding detail. The gun on the bow is a 20mm Breda which I added. Med based MTB's used these captured Italian guns. The twin Vickers .303 MG's were also added, their mounts were scratch-built.

[/img]

?t=1339174906[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

?t=1339174130[/img]

The covers on the torpedo tubes were made from tissue soaked in diluted white glue. You can't see much, but I added a partial interior, which is visible through the forward hatch. My only real complaint about the kit was Italeri's decision to make the yardarms and the radar antennae as PE parts. They weren't very realistic, or robust, so I scratch-built replacements. This boat makes a great companion to the Elco and the MAS.

June 8th, 2012, 8:19 pm #2

Do you have any pictures of the Med boats with the Bredas installed? The Vickers mounts came out very well too!

Chris

June 8th, 2012, 8:50 pm #3

This is the Italeri kit in 1/35th scale. A good kit, but there is a lot of room for adding detail. The gun on the bow is a 20mm Breda which I added. Med based MTB's used these captured Italian guns. The twin Vickers .303 MG's were also added, their mounts were scratch-built.

[/img]

?t=1339174906[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

?t=1339174130[/img]

The covers on the torpedo tubes were made from tissue soaked in diluted white glue. You can't see much, but I added a partial interior, which is visible through the forward hatch. My only real complaint about the kit was Italeri's decision to make the yardarms and the radar antennae as PE parts. They weren't very realistic, or robust, so I scratch-built replacements. This boat makes a great companion to the Elco and the MAS.
No pictures Red X,s wish I could see.
Ron

June 8th, 2012, 9:06 pm #4

[/img]

?t=1339174906[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

?t=1339174130[/img]

great weathering on that !!

June 8th, 2012, 9:46 pm #5

[/img]

?t=1339174906[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

?t=1339174130[/img]

So nicely done, excellent paint and weathering and nice pics.

Serge Dompierre
Frog and Canuck and proud to be

June 8th, 2012, 10:29 pm #6

Do you have any pictures of the Med boats with the Bredas installed? The Vickers mounts came out very well too!

Chris
Thanks Chris, here's a picture of MTB-84 with the Breda.

[/img]

June 8th, 2012, 10:31 pm #7

great weathering on that !!
Thank you Russ, some of these boats were very heavily streaked with grime indeed.

June 8th, 2012, 10:32 pm #8

So nicely done, excellent paint and weathering and nice pics.

Serge Dompierre
Thanks for the kind words Serge.

June 8th, 2012, 10:35 pm #9

No pictures Red X,s wish I could see.
Ron
Hello Ron, I also posted some pics on Model Shipwrights, where I have a blog, you might be able to see them over there.

June 8th, 2012, 11:10 pm #10

[/img]

?t=1339174906[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

?t=1339174130[/img]

Beautiful Job Al, And well displayed. turned out great! n/t