Vista question

Vista question

May 13th, 2012, 6:58 pm #1

I have a problem with IE9 and want to go back to IE8. If I uninstall IE9 will I still Be able to get on the internet to install IE8. I have Vista Home Premium.

You can't spend your way out of poverty

May 13th, 2012, 7:39 pm #2

i down loaded google chrome and it seems much better, i went to I.E.9 as i was having issues with 8 so didn`t want to go back there.
hope this helps

May 13th, 2012, 7:42 pm #3

I have a problem with IE9 and want to go back to IE8. If I uninstall IE9 will I still Be able to get on the internet to install IE8. I have Vista Home Premium.

If you have vista, I am betting you did upgrade. If this is indeed the case, then uninstalling ie9 will automatically revert your pc to ie8 with no further action on your part. If you are not comortable with this, then download and install mozilla firefox or google chrome, so you will have some manner of broser after ie9 is uninstalled. My company had to do this after ie9 was pushed. I have done it several dozen times. You will be ok.

"The FANS are fighting back!!!"
"The SECURITY GUARDS are fighting back!!!"
"The PEANUT VENDORS are fighting back!!!"

May 14th, 2012, 3:57 pm #4

hesitating to install it.

Philip & Maximilian
Head of Ranch Security, Song Dog, Texas

Where has all the music gone?

May 14th, 2012, 4:53 pm #5

I don't know what other people look for, but, for me, I just want a browser to "browse". I don't want a million questions about "do you want me to open this?" Or "can I install this" or "there is a new update since last week". IE got WAY out of hand, and firefox is updating on a very frequent basis. Chrome has had a few here and there, but not to a great extent. Corp doesn't use chrome, but we have it installed on a few test machines for 'just in case'..... It's not 'bad', nor is it any "great invention".....

May 14th, 2012, 5:37 pm #6

I am sure it has to do with automatic updates. I turned my computer off one night and before it shut down it downloads updates. Next time I go use it I have IE9.

The biggest thing I am pissed about that since using computers from 1995 on the favorites tab has been on the left. Now mine is on the right and I always go to the old location. This frustrates the hell out of me.

Cheers,

Max Bryant

"You'll Love My Wingnuts!"

May 14th, 2012, 9:46 pm #7

it will revert back to IE8.