Ventura, if adding rivets....

Ventura, if adding rivets....

March 20th, 2012, 4:40 pm #1

There are two areas on the fuselage that should be corrected before adding rivets.

The blast plate aft of the upper turret is oversize. It is molded the same size as the fore plate. Below are photographs supplied by the Ventura Memorial Flight Association. The red/white markings are one inch.

The other area are the nose gun blast plates. The molding reflects the window that was added there by Spartan.

This is a much easier fix; fill, sand and engrave the proper panel line. Photograph below shows the correction on the right.

Cheers, Vic
Last edited by Vic Scheuerman on March 20th, 2012, 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 20th, 2012, 6:01 pm #2

Hi Vic,

Great pics, thanks. Now the question is how to add the "raised" rivets, if at all..

Cheers
Brad

"Max Flex" The key to Naval Success

March 20th, 2012, 7:11 pm #3

n/t

March 20th, 2012, 9:39 pm #4

/

"Max Flex" The key to Naval Success

March 20th, 2012, 10:52 pm #5

March 21st, 2012, 1:55 am #6

There are two areas on the fuselage that should be corrected before adding rivets.

The blast plate aft of the upper turret is oversize. It is molded the same size as the fore plate. Below are photographs supplied by the Ventura Memorial Flight Association. The red/white markings are one inch.

The other area are the nose gun blast plates. The molding reflects the window that was added there by Spartan.

This is a much easier fix; fill, sand and engrave the proper panel line. Photograph below shows the correction on the right.

Cheers, Vic
The one on the left looks more like the picture to me.

By the way, I just haven't been able to bring myself to pay $15 for a sheet of rivet decals. While I have been tempted, they just aren't THAT good.

March 21st, 2012, 2:52 am #7

a little confusing, but I think the picture of the actual aircraft shows a rectangular cut-out for a window that was done by Spartan which makes the kit part on the left "look" correct, but it isn't.

If you put the rectangular cut-out back, and then pretend the rivet holes around that rectangular cut-out aren't really there, then you can see how the corrected panel lines on the kit part on the right is actually the correct representation.

I hope you can see what I mean.