Do you remember the Space Station also?

December 6th, 2017, 6:25 am #11

I keep hoping it shows up somewhere as an SSP but at this stage of the game I can only assume Revell scrapped the mold or it is in severe disrepair. I even was hoping they would take a nod from early on in Polar Lights history and backwards engineer a new mold if in fact they don't have the original tooling.

I know I aint payin 250 for one and certainly not 2500.00!

But to some people 2500.00 isn't but chump change..

Max Bryant
I used to think that the Space Station was realistic, but now that I think about it, I don't see the electric power source. Is there supposed to be a nuclear power plant inside the station somewhere? The black panels of the rotating parts of the cylinder had what looked like half-buried pipes snaking all over the surface. Maybe that is supposed to be for cooling for the reactor? But the kit has so much of the interior displayed that I don't see where the reactor would be. Ought to be on a long boom. Remember the "Mars and Beyond" Disney show? That had a nuclear electric spaceship that had a reactor on a boom.

Do you remember the Space Station also?

December 6th, 2017, 6:25 am #12

I keep hoping it shows up somewhere as an SSP but at this stage of the game I can only assume Revell scrapped the mold or it is in severe disrepair. I even was hoping they would take a nod from early on in Polar Lights history and backwards engineer a new mold if in fact they don't have the original tooling.

Max Bryant
I used to think that the Space Station was realistic, but now that I think about it, I don't see the electric power source. Is there supposed to be a nuclear power plant inside the station somewhere? The black panels of the rotating parts of the cylinder had what looked like half-buried pipes snaking all over the surface. Maybe that is supposed to be for cooling for the reactor? But the kit has so much of the interior displayed that I don't see where the reactor would be. Ought to be on a long boom. Remember the "Mars and Beyond" Disney show? That had a nuclear electric spaceship that had a reactor on a boom.

Wasn't the Polaris sub a Renwal originally?

December 6th, 2017, 6:42 am #13

kits and if the tools still exist: the nuclear power station, the orbiting space station, and the 8 launch tube Polaris sub...
https://www.scalemates.com/kits/147684- ... r-submarin

Often wonder if sellers even look at their listings and ....

December 6th, 2017, 7:39 am #14

There is another one for $409.00 on Ebay, advertised below the one above.
adjust, down or up, based on other's prices? recently eBay'd a new release kit, 65 bucks, total delivered to Calif, from Hong Kong. In the eBay listing, 20+ of the kits offered, and the price range, total to my door, was the one I bought for $65 to over $120!! Now sure maybe some of those listings would be a better deal, cheaper, for some non-US buyers. I think eBay only shows the postage info/costs, supplied by the seller, to the US. Maybe if you're in Botswana the total price, HK (wherever) to Botswana, would be better from another seller.

Yes.

December 6th, 2017, 7:45 am #15

Yes.

Yes.

December 6th, 2017, 7:45 am #16

Yes.

Yes.

December 6th, 2017, 7:46 am #17

Yes.

Botswana

December 6th, 2017, 8:29 am #18

adjust, down or up, based on other's prices? recently eBay'd a new release kit, 65 bucks, total delivered to Calif, from Hong Kong. In the eBay listing, 20+ of the kits offered, and the price range, total to my door, was the one I bought for $65 to over $120!! Now sure maybe some of those listings would be a better deal, cheaper, for some non-US buyers. I think eBay only shows the postage info/costs, supplied by the seller, to the US. Maybe if you're in Botswana the total price, HK (wherever) to Botswana, would be better from another seller.
It's Pula in Botswana, which means rain in Setswana - the most valuable thing in a country that is almost entirely Kalahari Desert.

I think Revell and Renwal had different kits

December 6th, 2017, 11:16 am #19

I do recall Renwal featured one spring-loaded missile tube so the builder could experience the thrill of all out nuclear war with the Russkies.

"You could put your eye out with that!" ---My Mom
Last edited by TomDynia on December 6th, 2017, 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Revell has said they no longer have the mold nt

December 6th, 2017, 2:23 pm #20

Max Bryant
nt