USAF Decals/Letters

USAF Decals/Letters

March 26th, 2012, 1:26 pm #1

Building a jet and need NJ AIR Guard in USAF letters. I know the font is Amarillo and tried to print on my computer on clear decal paper. Unfortunately my printer does not print true black but looks like dark blackisch/maroon

I have various decal sheets with letters to piece together the words but do not have letters 1/4 inch ( 0.6cm) in size which is what I need.

Anyone know where I can get such a sheet?

March 26th, 2012, 1:56 pm #2

Woodland Scenic rub on decals. They have letters and numbers in different sizes, in the font the US military uses. You can either rub them on directly, or paint the area the proper color for your characters, rub on contrasting colored decals, then go ahead and spray your final camo finish. Once over painted the decals can be removed by dabbing with masking tape, revealing nicely painted letters and numbers. Little bit of work, but you don't have to fight silvering of clear decal, and your markings truly look painted on, no worrying about whether solvent will pull them down over the cast in surface detail. Most well stocked model RR shops carry them. Hal Sr

March 26th, 2012, 2:08 pm #3

N/T

March 26th, 2012, 2:28 pm #4

Building a jet and need NJ AIR Guard in USAF letters. I know the font is Amarillo and tried to print on my computer on clear decal paper. Unfortunately my printer does not print true black but looks like dark blackisch/maroon

I have various decal sheets with letters to piece together the words but do not have letters 1/4 inch ( 0.6cm) in size which is what I need.

Squadron currently shows the following sheets...

AN72228 Insignia Blue "USAF" & "U.S. AIR FORCE" various size

AN48804 Insignia Blue "USAF" & "U.S. AIR FORCE" various size

AN48802 Black Numbers & Letters various sizes

At Microscale Industries site...

AC72-0018 US ID Letters & Numbers 60 degree 24"

AC48-0018 US ID Letters & Numbers 60 degree 24"

MS48-1155 USAF/USAAF 45 degree 24", 18" & 12" Nums & Lets
(Black)

Try using Google or a particular sites search feature to help you find what you need. HTH.

March 26th, 2012, 3:57 pm #5

if you like, of the markings, and I'll be happy to print them out with my laser printer and mail them to you. Email me with your mailing address if you're interested.

Pip Moss

March 26th, 2012, 4:43 pm #6

When I first tried to print USAF letters on my printer, I had the same problems. I solved it by only printing the black letters and numbers after setting the printer to use only the black ink cartridge.

March 26th, 2012, 8:12 pm #7

If your model is to have NJ AIR GUARD on it, be aware that the wings will not have USAF but either ANG-XXX or AFNG-XXX on them instead(the XXX is for the last three of the tail number). After
the Berlin Crisis call up in 1961, all ANG markings but a small state name on the fin were replaced with full USAF markings of the time. Just thought you might like to know.............

March 26th, 2012, 11:10 pm #8

Thanks for that tidbit.

David Rezabek
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
USA

March 27th, 2012, 12:01 am #9

http://pacificaeropress.com/

These guys have some nice sheets, USAF and USN/USMC style lettering and numbers plus a lot of other great little decals sheets used for multiple applications.

Their letter/number sheets are spaced accordingly (i.e. like they would be on the airplane) making aligning small serial and Bureau numbers easier.

If you have a PayPal account, then all you need to do is shoot them an e-mail for what you want and they'll send you back an invoice. Your decals will be in the mail a couple days later.
Andrew White

March 27th, 2012, 10:24 pm #10

if you like, of the markings, and I'll be happy to print them out with my laser printer and mail them to you. Email me with your mailing address if you're interested.

Pip Moss
mine is gregtarris@hotmail.com