USAAF Spitfire ...

USAAF Spitfire ...

September 12th, 2017, 6:08 pm #1

Very nice and clear photo.
States only: "USAAF Spitfire being serviced", would appreciate a post from anyone with knowledge of this particular Spitfire. Thx in advance.

September 13th, 2017, 1:01 am #2

It's a Mk.Vb from the 52nd FG 2nd Sq. The squadron code is QP@XX, red outline on the stars and bars, and nobody's bothered to paint over the RAF fin flashes. And the picture was taken somewhere very hot and dry, like Tunisia. Great resource for weathering my Tamiya kit. Right click thank you.

September 13th, 2017, 1:30 am #3

Very nice and clear photo.
States only: "USAAF Spitfire being serviced", would appreciate a post from anyone with knowledge of this particular Spitfire. Thx in advance.

A Spitfire Mk-Vb Trop in the JK serial number range. I've not seen that before. I thought all Spits in the JK ranges w/ Vc
Thanks for the pic.

September 13th, 2017, 2:56 am #4

It's a Mk.Vb from the 52nd FG 2nd Sq. The squadron code is QP@XX, red outline on the stars and bars, and nobody's bothered to paint over the RAF fin flashes. And the picture was taken somewhere very hot and dry, like Tunisia. Great resource for weathering my Tamiya kit. Right click thank you.
I bet it would be a stunner. All the best if you decide to give it a go. I'll see if I have a few more angles of this one for you.

Mark