US Aircraft Carrier "yellow gear" Tilly etc??

US Aircraft Carrier "yellow gear" Tilly etc??

January 13th, 2012, 2:06 am #1

Hi folks, I'm looking for information on carrier deck tractors, not the tugs & fire types, more like the power units and the "tilly". I know the tilly will be huge but I'm thinking about trying my hand at building one for a diorama. I searched here and google using several spellings but came up empty. Not knowing what they are really called is probably not helping. Any suggestions on books etc to help me with a scratch build? Thanks

Ed Grune
Ed Grune

January 13th, 2012, 2:10 am #2

JAG Collective already has your needs met in 1:700 scale. Much of the other deck gear is available from other sources in 1:350

January 13th, 2012, 2:57 pm #3

Hi folks, I'm looking for information on carrier deck tractors, not the tugs & fire types, more like the power units and the "tilly". I know the tilly will be huge but I'm thinking about trying my hand at building one for a diorama. I searched here and google using several spellings but came up empty. Not knowing what they are really called is probably not helping. Any suggestions on books etc to help me with a scratch build? Thanks
but I'm doing 1/48 I need some good pics, or drawings or something to scale from. I have recently found that there is a modern version (A/S32A) and an older type (NS60). I'm leaning towards the NS60 but with the lack of good info at this time I'm still foundering.........

January 13th, 2012, 7:54 pm #4

January 13th, 2012, 8:00 pm #5

http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/3d- ... lly/512675