Typhoon (Junior)

Typhoon (Junior)

April 28th, 2012, 2:12 am #1

Here's my first effort down in this scale. It's RoG's newer 1/144 EF-2000 kit. It all fit together pretty well.

Only complaints are that even though they give you markings for an RAF bird, most of the weapons are more appropriate for the Luftwaffe version (I borrowed the Paveways from a Tornado kit). Also I think there is no good reason why Revell couldn't have included some decals for the instrument panel and side consoles. There is no detail on these parts whatsoever, and yet they give you provision to pose the canopy open. Don't know what they were thinking.

Anyway, it was a fun little build for me. Hope you like.

Wayne

April 28th, 2012, 9:45 pm #2

Very nice !

April 29th, 2012, 1:34 am #3

Here's my first effort down in this scale. It's RoG's newer 1/144 EF-2000 kit. It all fit together pretty well.

Only complaints are that even though they give you markings for an RAF bird, most of the weapons are more appropriate for the Luftwaffe version (I borrowed the Paveways from a Tornado kit). Also I think there is no good reason why Revell couldn't have included some decals for the instrument panel and side consoles. There is no detail on these parts whatsoever, and yet they give you provision to pose the canopy open. Don't know what they were thinking.

Wayne

Wayne,
Enjoyed your build!!! Was wondering what type paint and the colors you used for the main color and nose and top of the tail fin?
Thanks,
Joel

April 29th, 2012, 1:12 pm #4

Very nice !
Thanks AP.

April 29th, 2012, 1:32 pm #5

Wayne,
Enjoyed your build!!! Was wondering what type paint and the colors you used for the main color and nose and top of the tail fin?
Thanks,
Joel
Thanks for the kind words Joel. I used Gunze acrylics for all but the metaliics, which were done with a combination of Alclads and Testors metallizer. The base colour was H334 lightened with H316 (3:1). The radome and tip of the V/stab was a mix of H82 and H334 (1:1), though if I did another one, I'd probably lighten it up more.

Thanks again.

Wayne

April 30th, 2012, 12:10 am #6

Wayne

You have done a magnificent job on that Eurofighter. The Paveways are a great touch and definitely set it apart from other Eurofighters. Great job!

April 30th, 2012, 11:32 pm #7

Wayne

great!

May 2nd, 2012, 4:23 pm #8

Wayne

nt

May 2nd, 2012, 4:49 pm #9

You have done a magnificent job on that Eurofighter. The Paveways are a great touch and definitely set it apart from other Eurofighters. Great job!
Ditto back at ya. Love your Fishbed. I'll have to keep an eye out for that kit.

Thanks for the kind words,

Wayne

May 2nd, 2012, 4:51 pm #10

great!
Thanks!