Tunnan is done!

Tunnan is done!

February 22nd, 2011, 6:37 pm #1

nice model, decal is not accurate, but usual Begemot quality - top-notch...
Turned out to be completely OOB - something unusual to me as I can't even remember when was the last time I built OOB. It turned out to be a tail-sitter on top of everything...
All in all, I'm considering it as an exercise, not a credible replica
I'm glad it's finished, and will be anxiously awaiting the AZModel offering in 1/48

Last edited by dimon73 on July 20th, 2012, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

February 22nd, 2011, 9:48 pm #2

You got a winner there!

February 22nd, 2011, 10:12 pm #3

I never realized the full potential of the kit

February 22nd, 2011, 10:53 pm #4

Turned out to be completely OOB - something unusual to me as I can't even remember when was the last time I built OOB. It turned out to be a tail-sitter on top of everything...
I'm glad it's finished, and will be anxiously awaiting the AZModel offering in 1/48

Simply outstanding and impressive work!!!

February 22nd, 2011, 11:10 pm #5

Brendan McGovern
Brendan McGovern

February 23rd, 2011, 1:22 am #6

I have a soft spot for jets that have the intake at the front of the nose, and I really like your Tunnan!

Best wishes,
Brendan

February 23rd, 2011, 1:42 am #7

stay tuned for the Su-11 in 1/48 some time next year - I already started collecting references

February 23rd, 2011, 4:40 pm #8

That tunnan looks very nice indeed.
(what happened with the austrian scheme you where going to use?)
To bad it became a tailsitter, maybee you can put it in a small dio a secure the nose wheel down.

I,m hoping i can finnish my own tunnan sometime soon.

//Johan
It's nice to be imported but it's more imported to be nice.

/Johan

February 23rd, 2011, 5:59 pm #9

what happened to Austrian AF Tunnan: trivial thing, two things
It was my priority to build an Austrian Tunnan - call it a personal connection

First of all, I couldn't handle the decal (all my fault - too much of MicroSol), so it was ruined.
But most importantly I realized that decal was WRONG (wrong for Swedish versions too!) - all the national markings are of the same diameter (wrong), identical squadron shields for each side (wrong, should be mirrored layout), all the stencils are in Swedish and oversized.

Now don't get me wrong: Begemot decals are of the finest quality and extremely accurate - just check out their Soviet sets (they do a lot of research off the real aircraft, and aircraft in storage, etc.), but the design of markings etc. was done by Neomega guys, and they messed it up - Begemot was sub-contracted to print, that's all...

Anyway, I know I'm capable of getting MUCH more out of the kit, and I'm not too upset about all those things I learned and didn't implement on this model - it has a great potential, no doubt about it!
So let's call it "testing waters", and my second Tunnan will be built properly and in Austrian markings.
And trust me - tail sitting is the least of all issues with my build it doesn't bother me at all.
Besides I really want to see that AZModels' Tunnan as well - who knows, maybe it turns out to be pretty good... couple of years from now

Thanks a lot for your help with reference materials! I saved a lot of stuff from that web-site!

February 24th, 2011, 12:45 am #10

Nice one! Congrats!