Trumpeter 1/48 Spiteful released

Trumpeter 1/48 Spiteful released

April 17th, 2012, 12:24 am #1

I saw the kit in basic 3-D on another forum and thought it looked good despite some of the warts noticed by experts on the subject The price is pretty reasonable and it is the only game in town (the Silver Cloud kit doesn't count) so what do you think? Worth a go?
Cheers

April 17th, 2012, 2:37 am #2

16 of 19 Spitefuls built were actually flown, in one color scheme, by one air force, for a period of a few months. Sounds like a great idea for an injection molded kit subject! NOT!

Incredible... I predict that 6 months from now you'll be able to buy a Trumpeter 1/48 Spiteful on the second hand market (maybe even the first hand market) for about $10.

April 17th, 2012, 2:58 am #3

I saw the kit in basic 3-D on another forum and thought it looked good despite some of the warts noticed by experts on the subject The price is pretty reasonable and it is the only game in town (the Silver Cloud kit doesn't count) so what do you think? Worth a go?
Cheers
I'm a Spitfire fan (and aircraft of the Lime persuasion in general), but this seems kind of ridiculous. There are Spit and Seafire variants that still need a good kit, but I'm not exactly drooling over the Spiteful. A good Mig-25 now, that I'd like. See where Trumpy announced a 1/48 Mig-23? That I'll buy.

Jim Atkins
Twentynine Palms CA

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." - Groucho Marx
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." - Groucho Marx

April 17th, 2012, 3:15 am #4

Cheers
Plus, think of the what-if potential: pick your favorite RAF scheme and run with it.

April 17th, 2012, 3:27 am #5

Cheers
so who needs an over priced Trumpeter kit.

Bill Shuey

April 17th, 2012, 4:35 am #6

16 of 19 Spitefuls built were actually flown, in one color scheme, by one air force, for a period of a few months. Sounds like a great idea for an injection molded kit subject! NOT!

Incredible... I predict that 6 months from now you'll be able to buy a Trumpeter 1/48 Spiteful on the second hand market (maybe even the first hand market) for about $10.
While I love the Spiteful and Seafang, as far as "relevant aviation subjects" go, it seems every manufacturer skirts around the MiG-25. Strange, because while there aren't a whole lot of different schemes, there are a decent number of variants.

Lee

April 17th, 2012, 5:25 am #7

nt

"Max Flex" The key to Naval Success

April 17th, 2012, 5:50 am #8

Cheers
is becasue it comes from a company with a very mediocre track record-

If they buck their own trend, then who could ask for more subject wise!

April 17th, 2012, 10:47 am #9

How many tank and aircraft models that never even existed other than on paper have been manufactured? How many 109 and 190 versions that only had one test piece manufactured now exist in kit form? The production status of a real acft has no bearing on what makes it popular in model form.

Warmest regards,

David Harvey
Editor
Aussie Modeller International.
http://www.aussiemodeller.com.au

April 17th, 2012, 10:53 am #10

I do hope your prediction comes true- I'll buy several at a good price, and one ASAP. I won't be buying a MiG-25.

bob

"The speed of communications is wondrous to behold.
It is also true that speed can multiply the distribution of information that we know to be untrue."
--Edward R. Murrow
Last edited by gingerbob on April 17th, 2012, 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Ignorance is bliss, but I find learning more interesting." - Me, as far as I know