True Details 1/48 F-86 Cockpit set

True Details 1/48 F-86 Cockpit set

April 9th, 2012, 2:09 pm #1

States that it is for the Hasegawa kit,will it fit the Academy kit,or is there another one that is a better fit for the Academy?

April 9th, 2012, 2:31 pm #2

I don't know about the TD cockpit (I have never tried to fit it into the Academy F-86) but I do know that the Legend 'pit will fit and it looks great. It's not a drop fit, some cutting and sanding are required, but it will fit.

http://www.armorama.com/modules.php?op= ... nt&id=5230

It is better to be the stomper rather than the stompee!
It is better to be the Stomper rather than the Stompee!

April 9th, 2012, 3:02 pm #3

States that it is for the Hasegawa kit,will it fit the Academy kit,or is there another one that is a better fit for the Academy?
I used the TD cockpit to dress up the ESCI/Italeri F-86 and had no real problems adapting it to that kit. The beauty of resin is that it can be sanded to the shape and thickness required quite easily to make it fit. The trick is to know when enough is enough. Might be worth a try in my opinion.

April 9th, 2012, 6:58 pm #4

I'm working on an Academy f-86 right now and I did stick a TD cockpit in it, but it was anything but a drop fit. If I recall, the gun bays have to be cut out of the fuselage halves, and the top of the intake trunking needs to be significantly reduced in height. There are gaps between the back edge of the sidewalls and the rear cockpit bulkhead that I blanked off with styrene. I think there was even more to it. I sort of enjoy that sort of modelling, so I'm not complaining. But if you want easy, this is not a good way to go.

Mike

April 9th, 2012, 10:17 pm #5

It was a no brainer. Definitely the choice to go with.

Mark

April 9th, 2012, 10:34 pm #6

Thanks everyone, Legends it is.