True Details 1/48 F-4E cockpit question

True Details 1/48 F-4E cockpit question

June 8th, 2012, 3:44 pm #1

Would anyone know where the little boxes go in the cockpit that True Details provides? Their instructions only show one box being attached to the front IP but doesn't say what box to use. There are no number callouts on the parts or instructions and I am not familiar with the F-4E cockpit. Thanks for any help you could provide.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

June 8th, 2012, 4:05 pm #2

Tery,

I'm not 100 per cent sure, but if you look at the instructions, it calls for you to attach the kit's front seater's control stick to a raised base in the tub. Your photo of the cockpit tub shows no such raised area. I believe that the item in the lower left of your photo may be the base for the forward control stick. I seem to remember that the front stick was pretty short and did not actually extend to the floor of the cockpit. HTH

June 8th, 2012, 4:30 pm #3

one part. Thanks! Now to figure out the rest. As you can see in the instructions, they aren't very good and the parts don't even match what's in the instructions.

June 8th, 2012, 6:23 pm #4

True Details claims this set was originally from the old KMC #48-4017 update set, but is in fact from a company called "Black Box". Thats why the instructions don't pertain to the resin parts in your set.

Here are the Black Box instructions. Hope this helps.

John

June 8th, 2012, 9:43 pm #5

instructions make more sense than the one I have. Thanks!

June 9th, 2012, 2:27 am #6

True Details claims this set was originally from the old KMC #48-4017 update set, but is in fact from a company called "Black Box". Thats why the instructions don't pertain to the resin parts in your set.

Here are the Black Box instructions. Hope this helps.

John
I´ve wanted for some time that someone could have a final solution to this problem.
I have the same resin set and always wanted the correct instructions for it.
By the way.. do you have a bigger image of black box instructions?

Salutes,

Javier

June 9th, 2012, 3:50 am #7

Sorry Javier,

I got this copy from a web site. I have the Black Box instruction sheet for the RF-4B/C/E, but it is a little different. I can post it for you if you want.

Black Box did some of the nicest stuff,but now I think they are called Avionix and I believe they are stiff in business under that name.

Their !/48 F-106 cockpit is a joy to work with.