Tradewing finished old school style

Tradewing finished old school style

September 4th, 2009, 4:01 am #1

I decided to stay true to the era of this kit and brush painted it even the future coat before the decals. The only real modification I did was I re shaped the spinners with some green putty since they were too short and too blunt. I did spray it with a semi gloss coat afterwards. Yellow tips on the prop blades are hand painted with no masking. I guess my hand was pretty steady that day

September 4th, 2009, 12:34 pm #2

... Imagine that in 1/48th ?!?!? WOW.

What scale is yours? I'm assuming 1/144?

September 4th, 2009, 2:16 pm #3

I decided to stay true to the era of this kit and brush painted it even the future coat before the decals. The only real modification I did was I re shaped the spinners with some green putty since they were too short and too blunt. I did spray it with a semi gloss coat afterwards. Yellow tips on the prop blades are hand painted with no masking. I guess my hand was pretty steady that day
She looks really nice!

September 4th, 2009, 11:40 pm #4

Well, that makes 3 Tradewinds so far for the year: Yours, Bill Dyes, and Rato Marczak's.

Very advanced technologies, very odd looking aeroplane.

WHO will be next??

Cheers,

david

Erik_H
Erik_H

September 5th, 2009, 4:29 am #5

Good build!.............nt

September 5th, 2009, 2:36 pm #6

Super job on the "old school" finish! Looks like it was fun, and it looks great!!

Brandon

September 6th, 2009, 3:33 am #7

nm

September 8th, 2009, 1:14 am #8

thanks guys......nm

September 9th, 2009, 1:24 pm #9

Nice job Mike. I keep hoping for a larger scale kit to be tooled someday.

It's good to have a friend here at my shoulder with a little time to spend, til I find love again -F. C. Collins W. C. Bickhardt