today is 2-1-12

today is 2-1-12

February 1st, 2012, 9:44 pm #1

I was told that Makes it national RUSH day!

Rush fans sound off! Darn the rnr hall of fame (who still have their heads up their backsides irt the best power trio EVER......

"The FANS are fighting back!!!"
"The SECURITY GUARDS are fighting back!!!"
"The PEANUT VENDORS are fighting back!!!"

February 1st, 2012, 10:02 pm #2

meaning Rush day was the 2nd of January.

L'avion accuse ... Le Corbusier

February 1st, 2012, 10:02 pm #3

Rush fans sound off! Darn the rnr hall of fame (who still have their heads up their backsides irt the best power trio EVER......

I switch stations when they come on.

February 1st, 2012, 10:36 pm #4

I can't believe that Rush has yet to be inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. This is a major insult to the Canadian trio. I believe they have been around since 1968! Total disrespect to Rush, while the Rock & Roll HOF will induct others who have no damned business being there. And not only Rush getting shafted either, legends like Johnny Winter or the late, great Ronnie James Dio. Totally unacceptable to me. Shame, shame, shame! Go RUSH!!!

February 1st, 2012, 10:55 pm #5

in the face, seeing as how Rush broke into the US market via Cleveland. I have not yet, nor will I ever go to the rnr hof. Too much like a goodwill store if you ask me. But, Cleveland did get an aqaurium last month.......

February 1st, 2012, 10:57 pm #6

Old Digger Pilot

February 1st, 2012, 11:39 pm #7

Jim I didn't have you pegged as a RUSH fan! n/t

February 2nd, 2012, 12:05 am #8

Sound like every other rock band to me. Maybe you have to be there. Neal Peart is a pretty good author, though.

Tank: So what do you need? Besides a miracle.
Neo: Guns. Lots of guns.

February 2nd, 2012, 12:11 am #9

Jim I didn't have you pegged as a RUSH fan! n/t
I was one of the ones who didn't fit anywhere else. Saw them in concert for Permanent Waves, Moving Pictures, and Signals. After Signals, it was kind of like a "wth?" thing, as they seemed to have changed (yet again). Don't get me wrong, I can listen to cuts off Presto, and Roll the Bones, but, PW, MP, and Signals were the big 3 for me. I really like some of their early stuff (2112, Fly by Night) too, but the big 3 remain the same.
Rush put out a DVD live in Cleveland last year, I sadly didn't get to go.

February 2nd, 2012, 2:06 am #10

in the face, seeing as how Rush broke into the US market via Cleveland. I have not yet, nor will I ever go to the rnr hof. Too much like a goodwill store if you ask me. But, Cleveland did get an aqaurium last month.......

Jim,

I forgot all about that Cleveland connection with Rush. I do believe it was WMMS that sort of gave them the exposure that propelled them into the limelight (the RUSH song!). Saw Rush during the "Signals" tour at the old Richfield Coliseum. I like all their stuff really. The early stuff like "Working Man" to "Bastille Day" to their latest on "Snakes & Arrows" too . I didn't know about the DVD live in Cleveland...I'll have to check that out.

I think that WMMS also did the same thing for a guy from Jersey named Bruce Springsteen. That's when, of course WMMS was THE best rock channel in the country. Oh man, those glory days in Cleveland...I do miss them. Actually, I believe it was Kid Leo at MMS who was pretty tight with Springsteen. Hell, even the Browns were fun to watch then! Oh, the memories. Edward