this really sucks - summer

this really sucks - summer

June 11th, 2012, 3:10 pm #1

so today is the first day of summer for the kids. one just graduated from high school. they get to sleep in for 10 weeks before school starts again.
Me, I get to get up at 4:30 and head of to the big city... Wheee.

My rough target date for retirement is around 10 years off. But seeing how great the weather is right now...I should be fussing in the garden now, not be at a desk...

Wonder how hard it will be to decide to stop buying the toys, the models, all the unnecessary stuff, to get more money put away to speed it up a few years.. Lots of sacrifices could be made, but we find it so easy to spend, spend, spend...

But its days like this that make me want to revisit the idea of cutting back, way back...

June 11th, 2012, 3:29 pm #2

You had your turn, weren't you ever a kid?

It's their turn now.

Owen

June 11th, 2012, 3:54 pm #3

I'm still a kid, that's the problem... n/t :-)

June 11th, 2012, 4:33 pm #4

so today is the first day of summer for the kids. one just graduated from high school. they get to sleep in for 10 weeks before school starts again.

My rough target date for retirement is around 10 years off. But seeing how great the weather is right now...I should be fussing in the garden now, not be at a desk...

Wonder how hard it will be to decide to stop buying the toys, the models, all the unnecessary stuff, to get more money put away to speed it up a few years.. Lots of sacrifices could be made, but we find it so easy to spend, spend, spend...

But its days like this that make me want to revisit the idea of cutting back, way back...
http://www.daveramsey.com/fpu/home/?s_k ... -356246818

June 11th, 2012, 5:46 pm #5

As we used to say in USAF to guys who still had ten years to go, "If I were you, I'd cut my throat."

Bondo Phil
Helping to use up your S.S. as fast as he can......

June 11th, 2012, 6:27 pm #6

My plan when I was young was to be wealthy and retired, living the good life by age 50.
I went to bed one morning and my government raised my retirement age by three years (Thanks!)
I was born in march of 61 and missed their cutoff age by 3 months! So I get to soldier on for another three years. Even then I plan on eating Alpo meatloaf but the way things are going I will work up till the second I drop dead!!!

Cheers,

Max Bryant

"You'll Love My Wingnuts!"

June 11th, 2012, 7:21 pm #7

Have you seen the prices for canned dog food!?!

I can't afford Alpo meatloaf. I have to use ground turkey for my meatloaf.

Mejor que nada.

Jim

Not everything has changed - only the important stuff. - Charles Stross
Not everything had changed, only the important stuff. - Charles Stross

June 11th, 2012, 7:53 pm #8

My golden years just keep looking more tarnished.....

Cheers,

Max Bryant

"You'll Love My Wingnuts!"

June 11th, 2012, 9:14 pm #9

and more than your later years will be golden!!!!!!!!

"The FANS are fighting back!!!"
"The SECURITY GUARDS are fighting back!!!"
"The PEANUT VENDORS are fighting back!!!"

June 11th, 2012, 10:38 pm #10

wasn't he the one that kept telling everyone what a horrible investment gold is? I used to listen to his radio show all the time.

When in evil company,try to blend in.-Wild Bill Donovan