The Sound of Freedom --

The Sound of Freedom --

April 6th, 2012, 6:28 pm #1

We have a Right to build houses and businesses in the flight path to airports and military bases and the damn noise is too much for us to bear so you need to close the base and move it somewhere else !!!

Sorry, folks --- i just cant figure it out .... Happy Easter to all, George

April 6th, 2012, 6:41 pm #2

WHAT are you talking about?????

"The FANS are fighting back!!!"
"The SECURITY GUARDS are fighting back!!!"
"The PEANUT VENDORS are fighting back!!!"

April 6th, 2012, 6:56 pm #3

We have a Right to build houses and businesses in the flight path to airports and military bases and the damn noise is too much for us to bear so you need to close the base and move it somewhere else !!!

Regards
Andy K

--------------------------------------------
http://andykingsmodelblog.blogspot.co.uk/

April 6th, 2012, 7:22 pm #4

Me too... n/t

April 6th, 2012, 7:30 pm #5

WHAT are you talking about?????

that insist on building too near air facilities and then complain about the noise and danger from those faciltiies.

No, i am not jumping into the event in Virginia today that looks to be a terrible tragic accident. I don't kknow how far this building is from the base. Obviously, since the pilots ejected something was very very wrong with the plane and they had no other choice.

I spent my high school years in Navy Point just off the base of Pensacola Naval Air Station and we had this complaint several times over the years, both about Naval aviation and the same situation after developement too near the Pensacola Regional Airport also.

If you put your head under the elephants foot, you just might get stomped.

It is the same cry we hear from people who are always calling to lock up the criminals ... but don't build the prison near our neighborhood.

Similarly, people retire and build a condo on a barrier island (low, shifting sand) -- and then complain that the hurricane washed away our home ... Here's your sign .... George

April 6th, 2012, 7:42 pm #6

We'd love to have a prison right next to the end of the airbase runway... JOBS BABY...

April 6th, 2012, 7:58 pm #7

Regards
Andy K

--------------------------------------------
http://andykingsmodelblog.blogspot.co.uk/
One of my pet peeves also. I live under the pattern for Kingsley Field in Klamath Falls, Oregon. I don't mind the noise a bit.

Cheers, Terry

April 6th, 2012, 8:38 pm #8

...and the Green Vally area was being developed, some of which is direcly under the McCarren Int'l approach path. My folks told me that lots of people had moved in, then were complaining about plane noise and were trying to get the planes re-routed or somesuch. Jeez...it doesn't take a genius.

It probably happens everywhere there is an airport.

Cheers,

Lee G.
Last edited by leegee_77 on April 6th, 2012, 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 6th, 2012, 8:45 pm #9

that insist on building too near air facilities and then complain about the noise and danger from those faciltiies.

No, i am not jumping into the event in Virginia today that looks to be a terrible tragic accident. I don't kknow how far this building is from the base. Obviously, since the pilots ejected something was very very wrong with the plane and they had no other choice.

I spent my high school years in Navy Point just off the base of Pensacola Naval Air Station and we had this complaint several times over the years, both about Naval aviation and the same situation after developement too near the Pensacola Regional Airport also.

If you put your head under the elephants foot, you just might get stomped.

It is the same cry we hear from people who are always calling to lock up the criminals ... but don't build the prison near our neighborhood.

Similarly, people retire and build a condo on a barrier island (low, shifting sand) -- and then complain that the hurricane washed away our home ... Here's your sign .... George
does the military base serve the community, or does the community support the base? I don't know of many towns or cities that can say they are "strategically located", but, most bases are, or did at one point, serve a strategic need.......

I hate and detest the phrase "urban sprawl". Back in the day, many bases were located so far away from populated areas, to that they didn't encroach on urban areas. The planners of the time never dreamed people would want to commute 45 to 60 miles to work. Nowadays, such commutes are not uncommon, as more and more people "move to the suburbs".....

April 6th, 2012, 9:09 pm #10

...and the Green Vally area was being developed, some of which is direcly under the McCarren Int'l approach path. My folks told me that lots of people had moved in, then were complaining about plane noise and were trying to get the planes re-routed or somesuch. Jeez...it doesn't take a genius.

It probably happens everywhere there is an airport.

Cheers,

Lee G.
then the houses move in and all the complaining starts, so when you shop for a house do you look around, to see what's around or what? We lost a drag strip because developers built right next door! I blame the greedy developers, probably got the the farm land cheap!

Old Digger Pilot