The newest iteration of Hasegawa's 1/48 Typhoon

The newest iteration of Hasegawa's 1/48 Typhoon

July 1st, 2012, 8:56 pm #1

(the one with the sharkmouth decals) now includes new resin enlarger horizontal stabilizers that were used on later model Tiffies. It also appears to include a new radiator matrix. From what I can discern the entire stab root moulded to the fuselage has to be cut/sanded away. Does anyone out there in the H/S ether have this kit and can comment on the surgery required to mount these new resin tailplanes? TIA as always , Pat D
Last edited by pat9d on July 1st, 2012, 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

July 1st, 2012, 9:09 pm #2

Last edited by robasbury on July 1st, 2012, 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

July 1st, 2012, 9:41 pm #3

thick plastic of the stab fillet IF I read (eyeball) the instructions correctly.....
Last edited by pat9d on July 1st, 2012, 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

July 1st, 2012, 10:21 pm #4

(the one with the sharkmouth decals) now includes new resin enlarger horizontal stabilizers that were used on later model Tiffies. It also appears to include a new radiator matrix. From what I can discern the entire stab root moulded to the fuselage has to be cut/sanded away. Does anyone out there in the H/S ether have this kit and can comment on the surgery required to mount these new resin tailplanes? TIA as always , Pat D
......and want the later Tempest tail planes, go get the Ultracast stabilizers and elevators set. They're designed to fit right over the kit parts and require way less work, no cutting at all. They also have the 4 blade prop and spinner, rockets and rails too. Ultracast stuff is top notch!

Cheers,
Wolf

July 1st, 2012, 11:00 pm #5

on the modeler. I was surprised when I heard Hasegawa did this, just curious as to what was involved. That's a lot of cutting and sanding in the tail area where the reinforcement "fishplates" are located. Even if one purchased this kit I still think it would need an Ultracast prop....Pat