The Future of Future

The Future of Future

July 12th, 2012, 6:53 pm #1

My supply from 1987 has finally ran it's course,I was wondering is the Current supply of Future
as good as the older Issue....
Thank you,
Bob

July 12th, 2012, 7:05 pm #2

Less viscous and applies very evenly in light mist coats. DO NOT THIN!

Seems there are multiple labels

There is no such thing as an unbuildable kit, just some kits one may consider not worth building.

Ive realized that most people ... tend not to be direct when they feel something is shoddy because they want to be liked, "which is actually a vain trait".
[Walter Isaacson's (author of Steve Jobs) recounting of his interview with Jony Ive, Chief Designer at Apple @ page p. 461]

BUY THIS BOOK
http://tinyurl.com/Ididntseeitcoming

July 12th, 2012, 7:06 pm #3

My supply from 1987 has finally ran it's course,I was wondering is the Current supply of Future
Thank you,
Bob
I've had no issues with it. nt

July 12th, 2012, 7:12 pm #4

Thank you,
Bob
I have the "older" style bottle on my bench too...can't recall when I bought it though. But, it's lived in Florida, Maine and Maryland.
Andrew White

July 12th, 2012, 7:13 pm #5

Thank you,
Bob
They have a separate Pledge with Future for wood, do not use this one.

http://www.pledge.com/en-US/Products/Pa ... shine.aspx

There is no such thing as an unbuildable kit, just some kits one may consider not worth building.

Ive realized that most people ... tend not to be direct when they feel something is shoddy because they want to be liked, "which is actually a vain trait".
[Walter Isaacson's (author of Steve Jobs) recounting of his interview with Jony Ive, Chief Designer at Apple @ page p. 461]

BUY THIS BOOK

July 12th, 2012, 7:41 pm #6

Like Brett Green, I had problems with Future running sometimes, even when I would do light mist coats. Brett suggested thinning it in one of his build reviews. I now thin Future with an equal part of 91% iso alcohol and it sprays great. My current bottle is less than a year old but acts just like my previous bottle that lasted at least 10 years. Just curious as to the warning.

July 12th, 2012, 7:47 pm #7

I find what works is what works for me.

Warning? About the one for wood floors? Seems to be a different formulation. But then again I've not used it.

BUY THIS BOOK

July 12th, 2012, 8:01 pm #8

thinned it. You were kinda emphatic in your original response earlier in the thread stating "Don't thin it". I thought maybe you had thinned it and it ate your paint or something. I airbrush Future at about 20 psi. Maybe you use a higher air pressure and you don't get runs. The only models I don't use Future on are the ones I suspect the decals are going to be tough to snuggle down and will require a hotter decal setting solution like Solvaset. I have had problems with Solvaset leaving milky marks in the Future that don't go away unless I use Testors gloss coat or dullcoat over it. Using lacquer products defeats the purpose of using acrylic paints and floor polish (safer, less smelly).

I don't have any experience with the Future for wood floors either. It may be the same stuff, but I don't like to experiment. Once I find what works, I stick to it. Had to wait several weeks for local supplier to get the regular Future back in.

July 12th, 2012, 8:53 pm #9

I use a Sotar gravity feed at about 15 psi and barely pull back on the trigger.

BUY THIS BOOK

July 13th, 2012, 3:36 am #10

Steve, are you using a Paasche #3 or rough equal when spraying it?