The Big Spit - Still Here

The Big Spit - Still Here

September 24th, 2010, 9:39 pm #1

Yep, in case anyone was curious, the Big Spit is still on the workbench and still in production. Finished up the dashboard/instrument panel and test-fitted it to the lower bulkhead. I managed to pull off the fuel and oil pressure guages (the red and yellow thingy's to the immediate right of the central instrument cluster), and added the fuel cock levers just to the right of the compass:

Ye 'ol dashboard seems a good dry fit inside the starboard fuselage half:

I've made a tentative start on some extra details on the fuselage side wall - much more to come - and on the bulkhead that will hold the pilot's seat:

Just a quickie update to let you know teddy boy is still in the game! Oh - and a note to my family and relatives: Stop calling me so I can get some work done on models! Harumph.
Best...Ted...

WIP Build:
The Big Spit Pt.1; The Big Spit Pt.2

Previous WIP Builds:
Vickers Tank Pt.1; Vickers Tank Pt.2; Vickers Tank Pt.3; Vickers Tank Pt.4; Vickers Tank Pt.5; Vickers Tank Pt.6; Vickers Tank Finish;
Connies Pt.1; Connies Pt.2; Connies Pt.3; Connies Pt.4; Connies Pt.5; Connies Pt.6; Connies Pt.7; Connies Finish

Tall Tales:
Cold War Incident
The Lucky Mig

September 25th, 2010, 2:32 pm #2

Thanks,
Allan

Multiple Mosquito Build, 1/72: Intro Part 1 Part 1.5 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Part 8 Fini

Fathers Day A6M2: Intro Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Finish

Airfix Stuka 1/72: Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Finish

Airfix Hurricane 1/72: Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Part 8 Finish

Airfix Orion III: Build Tutorial Finish

September 25th, 2010, 8:15 pm #3

Yep, in case anyone was curious, the Big Spit is still on the workbench and still in production. Finished up the dashboard/instrument panel and test-fitted it to the lower bulkhead. I managed to pull off the fuel and oil pressure guages (the red and yellow thingy's to the immediate right of the central instrument cluster), and added the fuel cock levers just to the right of the compass:

I've made a tentative start on some extra details on the fuselage side wall - much more to come - and on the bulkhead that will hold the pilot's seat:

Just a quickie update to let you know teddy boy is still in the game! Oh - and a note to my family and relatives: Stop calling me so I can get some work done on models! Harumph.
Best...Ted...

WIP Build:

Previous WIP Builds:
Vickers Tank Pt.1; Vickers Tank Pt.2; Vickers Tank Pt.3; Vickers Tank Pt.4; Vickers Tank Pt.5; Vickers Tank Pt.6; Vickers Tank Finish;
Connies Pt.1; Connies Pt.2; Connies Pt.3; Connies Pt.4; Connies Pt.5; Connies Pt.6; Connies Pt.7; Connies Finish

Tall Tales:
Cold War Incident
The Lucky Mig
I second Allan's remark Ted, terrific stuff...nt
Last edited by tspud on September 25th, 2010, 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

September 26th, 2010, 10:37 pm #4

Best...Ted...

WIP Build:

Previous WIP Builds:

Tall Tales:
Cold War Incident
The Lucky Mig
Ted, that is some amazing work - I bet in that instrument panel went much more work then in my two small Spitties combined... and looking beter as well !

This will be a masterpiece, take your time Ted, you're on a winning streak here

* <i></i> * *
William De Coster / Belgium

Airfix - 1/72 Spitfire Mk.I
Group Build : Part I - Part II - Part III - Part IV - Part V - Part VI
Airfix - 1/72 Ilyushin IL-28
Group Build : Part I - Part II - Part III - Part IV - Part V - Part VI - Part VII - Part VIII
Airfix - 1/72 Bristol Beaufighter Mk.II (Magna Models conversion)
Group Build : Part I - Part II - Part III - Part IV - Part V

Model show report - Scaleworld 2010 : What woman want

September 27th, 2010, 2:45 pm #5

Best...Ted...

WIP Build:

Previous WIP Builds:

Tall Tales:
Cold War Incident
The Lucky Mig
Yeah, this build is turning out pretty good so far - everything seems to be falling into place nicely. I just wish I had more time to work on it! Thanks again for the swell comments.
Best...Ted...

WIP Build:
The Big Spit Pt.1; The Big Spit Pt.2; The Big Spit Pt.3

Previous WIP Builds:

Tall Tales:
Cold War Incident
The Lucky Mig

September 27th, 2010, 6:42 pm #6

Best...Ted...

WIP Build:

Previous WIP Builds:

Tall Tales:
Cold War Incident
The Lucky Mig
...quilted and modeled all day yesterday! No phone calls and the children were out with friends all day...

So what's wrong with us?

Again, you will need to add the right oil when you are ready to fire that thing up. I swear I can see the dials move.

Awesome.

Regards,

Dan From Tacoma, Washington USA

September 28th, 2010, 2:40 pm #7

Best...Ted...

WIP Build:

Previous WIP Builds:

Tall Tales:
Cold War Incident
The Lucky Mig
Love the interior work - nothing like big to get down to the hose clamp level of detail. Fantastic work!

Konrad