The big Emil (part VIII)

The big Emil (part VIII)

April 14th, 2012, 8:00 pm #1

Dear Airfixers,
this is just a small and quick update of my Bf 109 Emil 1/24 scale. I am posting this quick one because it concludes the main building part of my model. Finally, the wings are on!

This is a view of the underside with radiators and the belly which was scribed and riveted. Quite some filler was required to fill sink many sink zones.

Now, paintwork will start. This will be a challenge for me because I am better a builder than a finisher. I will make sure it will be also fun, though.
Greetings and thanks for following.
Daniele
Last edited by dstramac on April 14th, 2012, 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 14th, 2012, 11:10 pm #2

... I like building more than painting too. Lots of filler and card on that one! Looks pretty gawky without ailerons or flaps!

Regards,
Adrian

April 15th, 2012, 12:41 am #3

Dear Airfixers,
this is just a small and quick update of my Bf 109 Emil 1/24 scale. I am posting this quick one because it concludes the main building part of my model. Finally, the wings are on!

This is a view of the underside with radiators and the belly which was scribed and riveted. Quite some filler was required to fill sink many sink zones.

Now, paintwork will start. This will be a challenge for me because I am better a builder than a finisher. I will make sure it will be also fun, though.
Daniele
That is looking good, n/t

April 15th, 2012, 3:20 am #4

Dear Airfixers,

Daniele
Quite a lot of acreage to cover in paint. It's shaping up into a beauty!

Stuart

April 15th, 2012, 2:40 pm #5

Dear Airfixers,

Daniele
Thanks,
Allan

Youth, talent, hard work, and enthusiasm are no match for old age and treachery.

Multiple Mosquito Build, 1/72: Intro Part 1 Part 1.5 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Part 8 Fini

Fathers Day A6M2: Intro Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Finish

Airfix Stuka 1/72: Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Finish

Airfix Hurricane 1/72: Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Part 8 Finish

Airfix Orion III: Build Tutorial Finish

April 16th, 2012, 6:01 am #6

Dear Airfixers,

Daniele
Thanks everyone for your kind comments! nt