July 11th, 2018, 7:46 pm #21

I've just finished a Hasegawa F-15C, which actually started life as the High Grade F-15A with ASAT missile. Anyone wanting to build a C OOB should check the various boxings carefully to make sure you're getting the parts you need, notably the featherless exhausts and MSIP cockpit parts. Here's the place to look:
http://modelingmadness.com/splfeat/kr/has48d.htm

I found the build interesting and a lot of work. Unlike the GWH kit, Hasegawa has the outer upper wings as separate pieces, and they don't join the inner wings at a panel line (mostly), which results in a lot of filling/smoothing to eradicate the seams. Same is true for the forward-to-rear fuselage joints and the intakes. There's extensive top/bottom seam work in the rear fuselage, but I guess that's par for the course. The featherless exhausts consist of five styrene and 30 PE parts per nozzle -- reasonably fiddly. No provision for dropped flaps nor for drooped intakes.

I'm happy with the result, although I probably would have bought the GWH kit instead had it been available at the time. I probably will do only one more Eagle in my lifetime and am leaning toward the Revellogram E.

July 11th, 2018, 8:45 pm #22

pnmoss wrote: Anyone wanting to build a C OOB should check the various boxings carefully to make sure you're getting the parts you need, notably the featherless exhausts and MSIP cockpit parts. 
AFAIK, the only Hasegawa kits that include MSIP parts for the LAU-128 missile launch launch rails are 07318 F-15E Tiger Meet and 07353 F-15I Ra'am. All the rest of the Hasegawa boxings that I am aware of only contain the original LAU-114 rails and ADU-407 adapters, which were pre-MSIP and not capable of carrying AIM-9X or AIM-120.

I'm also not aware that Hasegawa ever tooled a MSIP II instrument panel, other than possibly a resin one in the F-15J MSIP.
Todd Enlund

"Bandits at three o'clock."
"Roger. What should I do 'till then?"

July 11th, 2018, 9:37 pm #23

Todd Enlund wrote: AFAIK, the only Hasegawa kits that include MSIP parts for the LAU-128 missile launch launch rails are 07318 F-15E Tiger Meet and 07353 F-15I Ra'am. All the rest of the Hasegawa boxings that I am aware of only contain the original LAU-114 rails and ADU-407 adapters, which were pre-MSIP and not capable of carrying AIM-9X or AIM-120.

I'm also not aware that Hasegawa ever tooled a MSIP II instrument panel, other than possibly a resin one in the F-15J MSIP.
Yes, I believe that's correct. Going by the kit listing at Modeling Madness, the resin parts are UR and are only in the F-15J MSIP.

September 3rd, 2018, 9:46 pm #24

I have a Tamiya -C on the table right now. As it was said above...the cockpit is very simple. Also the sides of the intake ducts have no details, I think this is because slide molds were not known yet in the 70ties. Will need to scribe in some. My kit is dated 1991 and has some -C changes applied (wheels, ECM antenna on the rear) and the outer wing pylon slots are closed. Fit so far is very good...Tamiya was the leader even 40 years ago. I personally like the wire re-enforcments in the LG legs. Part count is low and the general detail is there but can be improved which I plan on doing in places. The cockpit I will update with Eduard PE, a Legends ACES seat and some scratch building. Decals and the ASM-135 for Nacamura's bird will be sourced 3rd party. Got the kit for less then 20EUR...so I am so far a happy man.

cheers
Uwe

Tempted to get a GWH...but they only do very late single seaters...where I like early birds!

F-15 C and E Versions

September 7th, 2018, 3:44 pm #25

All your post,(s) goes back to May-2018.

September 7, 2018:

I built the Academy F-15E back in 2009. I have what you call a "folder" on my Apple desk-top pc which contains some:
"in-progress" building photos. I do not recall having any problems with that kit. I don't know what the difference is between the "C" and "E" version's.

If you want to see some of my building photos, please email me @foxx700777@gmail.com

Rodney J. Williams
IPMS/USA #21268
I live in California
------------------------