That dreaded day has arrived.

That dreaded day has arrived.

April 27th, 2012, 5:57 pm #1

Our Vet has counseled us that it's time to let our Great Dane go!! She has given us joy for nearly 12 years now and it's time.

She WILL be missed.

Thanks for hearing me.

EDIT: Our Son came by after work this afternoon and wasn't ready to say good-bye to Sadie. He knows she's in some pain but she still eats and wants to take a walk. Even tho she's REAL slow and struggles walking/standing.
Bottom line, we could NOT go against our Son's wishes sooooo, Sadie is still with us!!

Bo

[/IMG]
Last edited by jabow1 on April 28th, 2012, 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

April 27th, 2012, 6:44 pm #2

Been there, done that! It's a sad reality that Man's best friend has a much shorter life span than Man does. And it appears that the bigger the particular best friend is, the shorter the life span is.

No body said life had to be fair.

April 27th, 2012, 6:47 pm #3

Our Vet has counseled us that it's time to let our Great Dane go!! She has given us joy for nearly 12 years now and it's time.

She WILL be missed.

Thanks for hearing me.

EDIT: Our Son came by after work this afternoon and wasn't ready to say good-bye to Sadie. He knows she's in some pain but she still eats and wants to take a walk. Even tho she's REAL slow and struggles walking/standing.
Bottom line, we could NOT go against our Son's wishes sooooo, Sadie is still with us!!

Bo

[/IMG]
I just got back from helping a friend bury his 2 year-old dog under an oak tree on the back 10 after she was hit by a car.

In a time, shorter than you know, a new little pup will be winning your hearts.

April 27th, 2012, 6:48 pm #4

She WILL be missed.

Thanks for hearing me.

Bo

[/IMG]
she sure is a beautiful Dane!

"The FANS are fighting back!!!"
"The SECURITY GUARDS are fighting back!!!"
"The PEANUT VENDORS are fighting back!!!"

April 27th, 2012, 7:14 pm #5

The picture was taken 8 years ago. She doesn't stand so straight, now.

Bo

April 27th, 2012, 7:21 pm #6

She WILL be missed.

Thanks for hearing me.

Bo

[/IMG]
The Last Battle

If it should be that I grow frail and weak,
And pain should keep me from my sleep,
Then will you do what must be done,
For this, the last battle, can't be won.

You will be sad I understand,
But don't let grief then stay your hand,
For on this day, more than the rest,
Your love and friendship must stand the test.

We have had so many happy years,
You wouldn't want me to suffer so.
When the time comes, please, let me go.

Take me to where to my needs they'll tend,
Only, stay with me till the end

And hold me firm and speak to me,
Until my eyes no longer see.
I know in time you will agree,
It is a kindness you do to me.

Although my tail its last has waved,
From pain and suffering I have been saved.

Don't grieve that it must be you,
Who has to decide this thing to do;
We've been so close, we two, these years,
Don't let your heart hold any tears.

April 27th, 2012, 7:27 pm #7

Thanks so very much. It's tuff. N/T

April 27th, 2012, 7:33 pm #8

Been there, done that! It's a sad reality that Man's best friend has a much shorter life span than Man does. And it appears that the bigger the particular best friend is, the shorter the life span is.

No body said life had to be fair.
Lessons learned for us all?? Thanks, Bill. N/T

April 27th, 2012, 7:36 pm #9

I just got back from helping a friend bury his 2 year-old dog under an oak tree on the back 10 after she was hit by a car.

In a time, shorter than you know, a new little pup will be winning your hearts.
That 'countdown clock' just keeps moving. Thanks. N/T

April 27th, 2012, 7:41 pm #10

She WILL be missed.

Thanks for hearing me.

Bo

[/IMG]
a long long life. It's so true how we all dread that day while knowing it's coming. Best, Len LaRoux

So a friend says: "cheer up things could be worse; so I cheered up and sure as hell Things Got Worse!