Thanks to Danielle for all of the great Firebox info! n/t

Thanks to Danielle for all of the great Firebox info! n/t

May 8th, 2012, 1:43 pm #1

n/t

May 8th, 2012, 4:51 pm #2

s

May 8th, 2012, 5:24 pm #3

n/t
Information not shared is information lost.

1/87er, die feinmotorisch flinke Elite des Modellbaus.

http://www.scalemodelteam.de
Information not shared is information lost.

May 8th, 2012, 8:31 pm #4

n/t
And this is what I'm doing for the build.

Sir Thomas Moran and his faithful batman/mechanic/gunner/etc., Sim Anthia (more on them later) are thought to have flown the only version Fairey ever built of this. Sir Thomas and Sim worked with the engineers at Fairey who were all very keen on getting something in the air that could perform as well as the Hawker Sea Fury.

Sir Thomas and Sim built and flew a host of one-off aircraft. Some of them rather amazing such as the _________ _________ rumored to have actually attacked the Bismark along with the Swordfish.

Anyway, since no kit is available of Sir Thomas's aircraft, I will be cutting and puttying yet again.

This is a photo-shopped version of his a/c however the markings are incorrect.

Thanks,
Allan

Youth, talent, hard work, and enthusiasm are no match for old age and treachery.

Multiple Mosquito Build, 1/72: Intro Part 1 Part 1.5 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Part 8 Fini

Fathers Day A6M2: Intro Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Finish

Airfix Stuka 1/72: Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Finish

Airfix Hurricane 1/72: Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Part 8 Finish

Airfix Orion III: Build Tutorial Finish

May 8th, 2012, 9:48 pm #5

I thought you meant you were building that radial engine, cylinder throwing pilot murdering oil soaked
Hawker crap box!
(Contary to popular belief I despise Sea Furies utterly, one of the most over rated aircraft ever)

Single seat Firebox would look cool, need the canopy faired into the fuselage better.

May 8th, 2012, 9:53 pm #6

Sir Thomas Moran and his faithful batman/mechanic/gunner/etc., Sim Anthia (more on them later) are thought to have flown the only version Fairey ever built of this. Sir Thomas and Sim worked with the engineers at Fairey who were all very keen on getting something in the air that could perform as well as the Hawker Sea Fury.

Sir Thomas and Sim built and flew a host of one-off aircraft. Some of them rather amazing such as the _________ _________ rumored to have actually attacked the Bismark along with the Swordfish.

Anyway, since no kit is available of Sir Thomas's aircraft, I will be cutting and puttying yet again.

Thanks,
Allan

Youth, talent, hard work, and enthusiasm are no match for old age and treachery.

Multiple Mosquito Build, 1/72: Intro Part 1 Part 1.5 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Part 8 Fini

Airfix Hurricane 1/72: Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Part 8 Finish

Alan,

didn't Sims's cousin race citroen 2CV's in the late 1960's as well, sponsored by one of the leading motoring establishments on the Tottenham Court Road? Is it the same guy I'm thinking of?

Cheers,

Eddie

May 8th, 2012, 10:12 pm #7

Thanks,
Allan

...you sure it's Sim Anthea and not Anthea Simms? http://www.antheasimms.com/index_home.asp?page=SWF

Arrgh - should get back to that Hurricane now. Less than 6 hours left...

May 8th, 2012, 10:38 pm #8

I thought you meant you were building that radial engine, cylinder throwing pilot murdering oil soaked
Hawker crap box!
(Contary to popular belief I despise Sea Furies utterly, one of the most over rated aircraft ever)

Single seat Firebox would look cool, need the canopy faired into the fuselage better.
Thanks,
Allan

May 8th, 2012, 10:40 pm #9

Alan,

didn't Sims's cousin race citroen 2CV's in the late 1960's as well, sponsored by one of the leading motoring establishments on the Tottenham Court Road? Is it the same guy I'm thinking of?

Cheers,

Eddie
Thanks,
Allan

May 8th, 2012, 10:46 pm #10

Did particularly well in the wet I seem to recall as the thin tyres could really cut through the water and help get the power down without aquaplaning....

Cheers,

Eddie