Texas concealed carry permit

Texas concealed carry permit

February 8th, 2012, 10:13 pm #1

an older friend of mine was stopped recently by the local police. The officer is looking at his license which says if you have a carry permit (which he does)
The officer asks hm if he has his weapon, He says yes and opens the center console and shows him, The officer says..."Is it loaded?" My friend replies.."Wouldn't do me much good if it wasn't would it?" Officer.. "Good Point, have a nice day"

His wife also gets onto him for carrying two boxes of ammo in the truck, he told her there is nothing worse than being in a gun fight and running out of ammo! He's a retired Marine Gunny.

February 8th, 2012, 10:46 pm #2

were taught to always make the first thing they say to a cop who's stopped them on the road, "Officer, I'm carrying a weapon."

Phil

February 8th, 2012, 11:03 pm #3

an older friend of mine was stopped recently by the local police. The officer is looking at his license which says if you have a carry permit (which he does)
The officer asks hm if he has his weapon, He says yes and opens the center console and shows him, The officer says..."Is it loaded?" My friend replies.."Wouldn't do me much good if it wasn't would it?" Officer.. "Good Point, have a nice day"

His wife also gets onto him for carrying two boxes of ammo in the truck, he told her there is nothing worse than being in a gun fight and running out of ammo! He's a retired Marine Gunny.
;lkij

So a friend says: "cheer up things could be worse; so I cheered up and sure as hell Things Got Worse!

February 8th, 2012, 11:10 pm #4

Showed him my driver's license and CHP at the same time. He asked if I had it in the car, and I pointed to where it was. His reply, 'Fine, leave it there for now.'

Only got a 'Warning' ticket for 10 MPH over limit.

Bo

February 8th, 2012, 11:12 pm #5

;lkij

So a friend says: "cheer up things could be worse; so I cheered up and sure as hell Things Got Worse!
My house has caught on fire either; but, I have INSURANCE on it, too!!

Bo

February 8th, 2012, 11:29 pm #6

likely wouldn't play much of a role in most gunfights; at least the type he seems so determined to be ready for. I'm in the process of buying myself a new Kimber handgun but can't decide which one I want! cheers,LL

February 8th, 2012, 11:46 pm #7

my Crew Chief and Door Gunner!! I forget exactly how many rounds, 1,000 Plus, was in the box they wanted to put on my helicopter, it took both of them to lift it, and I had to say NO!!!
Carrying around all that weight was more dangerous than running outta ammo; AND, this is the biggie, if we went down, I promise they would NOT take the time to struggle off all that ammo!! I can vouch for it, if you go down, you'll leave the a/c ONLY with what's STRAPPED to ya!!

Chopped Liver Generation

Bo

February 8th, 2012, 11:57 pm #8

likely wouldn't play much of a role in most gunfights; at least the type he seems so determined to be ready for. I'm in the process of buying myself a new Kimber handgun but can't decide which one I want! cheers,LL

Same with speedloaders if it's a wheelgun....

Only reason I'd have boxed ammo in a car trunk would be in a bug out bag for reloading pistol mags if the zombies come or something like....any "normal" situation where you need to draw a pistol in a civilian shootout 3 mags should be enough...most bad guys would only have 1 mag (muggers) and someone going nuts you try to pin them down while the cops show up.....

February 9th, 2012, 12:13 am #9

l;kj;lk

February 9th, 2012, 12:14 am #10

my Crew Chief and Door Gunner!! I forget exactly how many rounds, 1,000 Plus, was in the box they wanted to put on my helicopter, it took both of them to lift it, and I had to say NO!!!
Carrying around all that weight was more dangerous than running outta ammo; AND, this is the biggie, if we went down, I promise they would NOT take the time to struggle off all that ammo!! I can vouch for it, if you go down, you'll leave the a/c ONLY with what's STRAPPED to ya!!

Chopped Liver Generation

Bo
kj;