TBM canopy info needed

April 17th, 2018, 12:46 am #1

Guys,
I'm building the Hasegawa 1/72 TBM and I've opened and cut apart the canopy/windscreen pieces. My question is: are the pilots sliding canopy panels two pieces ie left and right sides? All my ref. photos show the canopy open and it looks like there is a left and right side section that slides in an overhead track. I hope that accurately describes what I am seeing. If this is the case I will need to do further surgery on the kit canopy parts to show this section open. I do not have a vac canopy and do not consider buying one an option right now. Any thoughts or help greatly appreciated.
TIA

You are correct: The pilots canopy is two pieces.With Images

April 17th, 2018, 12:59 am #2

There is a central tack on top and each slide can open separately. Give me a little while to post images.

Last edited by jinxx1 on April 17th, 2018, 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Clifford Bossie

http://www.angelfire.com/dc/jinxx1/Desrt_Wings.html

http://www.angelfire.com/dc/jinxx1/Wildcat/F4F_pt1.html

TBM canopy

April 17th, 2018, 9:43 am #3

Guys,
I'm building the Hasegawa 1/72 TBM and I've opened and cut apart the canopy/windscreen pieces. My question is: are the pilots sliding canopy panels two pieces ie left and right sides? All my ref. photos show the canopy open and it looks like there is a left and right side section that slides in an overhead track. I hope that accurately describes what I am seeing. If this is the case I will need to do further surgery on the kit canopy parts to show this section open. I do not have a vac canopy and do not consider buying one an option right now. Any thoughts or help greatly appreciated.
TIA
CB, thank you very much for the photos. Now I have to carefully cut apart the kit canopy, which is getting a little harder with my shaky 79+ hands, LOL
Much appreciated.
Bill R.