Tamiya paint retarder

March 20th, 2017, 9:50 pm #1

Hey all, at the recent Indy show I picked up a bottle of Tamiya Paint Retarder and will shortly be painting the camo on an Accurate Miniatures Mustang Mk1a and was wondering if any paint slappers here have used this for good or bad, hopefully good.

First Ive heard of it from Tamiya.

March 20th, 2017, 9:58 pm #2

Post your results Id be interested in hearing about it.

it works

March 20th, 2017, 10:38 pm #3

Hey all, at the recent Indy show I picked up a bottle of Tamiya Paint Retarder and will shortly be painting the camo on an Accurate Miniatures Mustang Mk1a and was wondering if any paint slappers here have used this for good or bad, hopefully good.
It will make glossy paint go on smoother when airbrushing, it makes the paint brush much better, making touch-ups easier.

2 thumbs up...

March 20th, 2017, 10:56 pm #4

Works great for me. Haven't tried it in the airbrush yet, but it's great for brushing.

Good stuff - been out a year or two

March 20th, 2017, 11:06 pm #5

It is especially made for brush painting, but is good with airbrushing too. The jar instructions say to use up to 10% in your paint mix to slow down drying time and to improve flow and leveling (for brush painting)

Wow,

March 20th, 2017, 11:35 pm #6

I guessed I missed the memo!
Certified Plastic Smasher.

Not real common

March 21st, 2017, 12:10 am #7

I had ordered it from overseas. Tower Hobbies always had it as "order pending". Same with their extra fast cement, decal set and solvent, and some other products. Oddly, Slobbytown actually had a bottle of the retarder the other day, along with the new airbrush cleaner.

Haven't tried it myself yet, but it's at SB (TAM87114 @ 3.99). HTH n/t

March 21st, 2017, 12:25 am #8

Haven't tried it myself yet, but it's at SB (TAM87114 @ 3.99). HTH n/t

Is it a gel? n/t

March 21st, 2017, 1:23 am #9

Works great for me. Haven't tried it in the airbrush yet, but it's great for brushing.

Kaibutsu --- Andrew Gaitan

Plan to use it

March 21st, 2017, 5:07 am #10

when hand brushing touch ups and small areas. I have the Airbrushing part nailed since they came out with the Yellow cap thinner and then even better once I was able to get my hands on Mr. Leveling Thinner....now if Tamiya would just expand the bottle color range FASTER! I'd be ecstatic!
Viper730