Tamiya 1:32 P-51 WIP part 1…. Thank you Roy Sutherland!

Tamiya 1:32 P-51 WIP part 1…. Thank you Roy Sutherland!

August 7th, 2012, 7:37 pm #1

Well, these are just a couple of pics to show you that I actually started on my P-51. I decided to do her as 'Blondie'. Mal Mayfield of Miracle Masks did cut me some beautiful masks and I have already decided that I will leave the engine compartment closed. But it's still a long way to even get to that point. I have been working on the cockpit, and I replaced a number of kit parts with Roy Sutherlands beautiful replacements. And all those tiny decals it's addictive in a strange way. The pit is far from done, but I wanted to give you an impression of how things go. I hope to have done the pit by the end of next week and if there's any interest I will post the building and painting sequence. I hope you enjoy these (limited number of) pics, all comments welcome as usual. Happy modeling, Jeroen

August 7th, 2012, 7:53 pm #2

Great start there Jeroen

August 7th, 2012, 8:14 pm #3

Well, these are just a couple of pics to show you that I actually started on my P-51. I decided to do her as 'Blondie'. Mal Mayfield of Miracle Masks did cut me some beautiful masks and I have already decided that I will leave the engine compartment closed. But it's still a long way to even get to that point. I have been working on the cockpit, and I replaced a number of kit parts with Roy Sutherlands beautiful replacements. And all those tiny decals it's addictive in a strange way. The pit is far from done, but I wanted to give you an impression of how things go. I hope to have done the pit by the end of next week and if there's any interest I will post the building and painting sequence. I hope you enjoy these (limited number of) pics, all comments welcome as usual. Happy modeling, Jeroen

Jeroen thank you fo your posts. They are always very useful!!! By the way... outstanding job with the Greyhound!!

August 7th, 2012, 8:21 pm #4

I'll second that. Great Inst. panel.

August 7th, 2012, 8:28 pm #5

Looks great!

August 8th, 2012, 12:39 am #6

nt

August 8th, 2012, 2:18 am #7

Christian A.
Christian A.

August 8th, 2012, 6:33 am #8

Looking good Jeroen! Keep posting your progress.

It is better to be the stomper rather than the stompee!
It is better to be the Stomper rather than the Stompee!

August 8th, 2012, 7:11 am #9

d

August 8th, 2012, 9:33 am #10

Really nice

David's Model Pages on Facebook -https://www.facebook.com/modelscale