TA-4J bang seat question (1/48)

TA-4J bang seat question (1/48)

April 6th, 2012, 10:22 am #1

Hi all, hope this isn't one of those "It must be Friday, here's that question again!" questions.

I have two CA "Aggressor" TA-4s. I also just got a Hasegawa one. I know that the CA boxing I have has a not-so-good seat, but when I found myself considering buying the trainer boxing just so I could get the better seats that were added to it, I wondered if perhaps there was a better way!

So, to cut to the chase, what's the prescription for good 1/48 TA-4J ejection seats? There must be some aftermarket ones that are suitable, but if the CA (later) ones are the best I'd be happy with that answer too.

bob
"Ignorance is bliss, but I find learning more interesting." - Me, as far as I know

April 6th, 2012, 1:48 pm #2

I finished up the "trainer" version of the CA kit last year and used the proper seats that came with it. I'm pretty sure that Aries does that version of the ESCAPAC seat now.
Andrew White

April 6th, 2012, 3:09 pm #3

Hi all, hope this isn't one of those "It must be Friday, here's that question again!" questions.

I have two CA "Aggressor" TA-4s. I also just got a Hasegawa one. I know that the CA boxing I have has a not-so-good seat, but when I found myself considering buying the trainer boxing just so I could get the better seats that were added to it, I wondered if perhaps there was a better way!

So, to cut to the chase, what's the prescription for good 1/48 TA-4J ejection seats? There must be some aftermarket ones that are suitable, but if the CA (later) ones are the best I'd be happy with that answer too.

bob
...He has Skyhawk seats. I have several and they are nice.

jeff

April 8th, 2012, 9:14 am #4

bob
Thanks for the leads (n/t)
"Ignorance is bliss, but I find learning more interesting." - Me, as far as I know

April 8th, 2012, 10:31 pm #5

bob
have the folding Canopy Breaker Rabbit ears on each side of the headrest.

While there were about 4 different ESCAPAC variants used in the Skyhawks family, the changes were minor as far as our models are concerned.

Just avoid afteremarket ESCAPAC seats with the huge rabbit ears folded down beside the headrest. True Details has this rabbit ear ESCAPAC in their line up. The rabbit ears seats are for A-7's, and some other early USAF A/C.

Scotty B

April 9th, 2012, 12:37 am #6

...He has Skyhawk seats. I have several and they are nice.

jeff
the best 48th Skyhawk seats out there.

Mike V

"I am a "Realist". I see and call things as they are, not how I want them to be."