T-34/76 produced by STZ, CyberHobby - is this for real???

T-34/76 produced by STZ, CyberHobby - is this for real???

July 5th, 2012, 12:52 am #1

I'm an a/c modeler, and know nothing about 1/35 really. I do odd 1/48 trucks etc. as attributes for my aircraft models. Anyway
A good friend asked me to buy him the kit from a local hobby store. They didn't have one in stock, even though had it listed on website.

eBay to the rescue - is this crazy or what??? 4 days left and already over 300 greenbacks! What the ....??? Geee... I gave up

July 5th, 2012, 4:49 am #2

Cyberhobby white box kits can command stupid prices... what's more I've heard the STZ kit requires some advanced modeling skills to put together as many parts don't fit.

It's unusual for a CH T-34 to command those prices, usually a Tiger will.

July 5th, 2012, 6:08 am #3

I'm an a/c modeler, and know nothing about 1/35 really. I do odd 1/48 trucks etc. as attributes for my aircraft models. Anyway
A good friend asked me to buy him the kit from a local hobby store. They didn't have one in stock, even though had it listed on website.

eBay to the rescue - is this crazy or what??? 4 days left and already over 300 greenbacks! What the ....??? Geee... I gave up

getting that much on E-bay. I just sold one on this site a couple of weeks ago for $30.00. The STZ 1941 is a good one but the STZ 1942 is the one wrought with danger.

Roy

July 5th, 2012, 5:25 pm #4

not builders. Many of the subjects in CyberHobby white boxes can be had with standard kits and conversions for much less than the asking price of the CH kits.

They're made in limited quantities, available through fewer sources (than mainstream Dragon kits), tend to be of very specific vehicles and are basically just Dragon kits marketed differently.

Someone paying $300 or even $100 for these kits is probably a collector versus a modeler wanting to build that specific variant.

Think about it, you've just spent a car payment on a 1/35 scale model kit. Are you going to build it or are you going to obtain the $30 Dragon version and add someone's resin conversion for another $30?

RobG

July 5th, 2012, 7:08 pm #5

This is a case of two bidders getting in an unnecessary bidding war, or something fishy going on. Recent eBay sales prices are much lower.

July 5th, 2012, 7:17 pm #6

July 5th, 2012, 7:19 pm #7

not builders. Many of the subjects in CyberHobby white boxes can be had with standard kits and conversions for much less than the asking price of the CH kits.

They're made in limited quantities, available through fewer sources (than mainstream Dragon kits), tend to be of very specific vehicles and are basically just Dragon kits marketed differently.

Someone paying $300 or even $100 for these kits is probably a collector versus a modeler wanting to build that specific variant.

Think about it, you've just spent a car payment on a 1/35 scale model kit. Are you going to build it or are you going to obtain the $30 Dragon version and add someone's resin conversion for another $30?

RobG

July 5th, 2012, 7:49 pm #8

This is a case of two bidders getting in an unnecessary bidding war, or something fishy going on. Recent eBay sales prices are much lower.
a bidding war gone bad or as you said something fishy (I wouldn't put it past that at all).

Roy

July 5th, 2012, 7:56 pm #9

RobG
came out as regular Dragon or "Greenbox" CH kits. A Lot of Factory 112 and 183 versions but no STZ.

Roy

July 5th, 2012, 9:37 pm #10

Hi Lads!

Alot of the white T-34 kits can still be found at Udisco in montreal www.udisco.com or at Hobby Jonction in Montreal. I would drive down there tomorrow if someone offered $300 USD for one!

Cheers!
Terry Jones
Ottawa, Canada