Swordfish - decals and upper centre wing part attached....

Swordfish - decals and upper centre wing part attached....

April 22nd, 2012, 4:22 am #1

Hi there,

I've been working on the Swordfish most of the day, putting on most of the decals from +4 that Glen Porter kindly gave me. They have been briliant to use and lined up really very well. I attached some of the kit roundels and they also were fabulous to work with, such a pleasure to have decals that are workable! The last couple of days I attached the upper wing mid section.... you know where they say in the instructions "read the instructions carefully before starting"? Now I know it is written there for a purpose... in the kit are provided a couple of guides (these are moulded as part of the sprue) for lining up the short parts of the wings (which the seperate folded wings attached to) when you are building the kit with the wings foulded, right? In the instructions it shows that you use these before you attach the u/c to the fuselage.. sadly I only made this discovered after fitting the u/c (to take a short cut). So my advice is to not attach the u/c of this kit before the centre wing parts... that is if you are making the kit with the wings folded!

I have also attached the barrel of the forward firing m/g, the flexible mounted gun in the rear cockpit and the tail hook. This might be finished by the end of the week.. then on to the Fierfly...

April 22nd, 2012, 4:49 am #2

then you have the rigging to do . . heh heh heh!!

April 22nd, 2012, 6:02 am #3

Hi there,

I've been working on the Swordfish most of the day, putting on most of the decals from +4 that Glen Porter kindly gave me. They have been briliant to use and lined up really very well. I attached some of the kit roundels and they also were fabulous to work with, such a pleasure to have decals that are workable! The last couple of days I attached the upper wing mid section.... you know where they say in the instructions "read the instructions carefully before starting"? Now I know it is written there for a purpose... in the kit are provided a couple of guides (these are moulded as part of the sprue) for lining up the short parts of the wings (which the seperate folded wings attached to) when you are building the kit with the wings foulded, right? In the instructions it shows that you use these before you attach the u/c to the fuselage.. sadly I only made this discovered after fitting the u/c (to take a short cut). So my advice is to not attach the u/c of this kit before the centre wing parts... that is if you are making the kit with the wings folded!

I have also attached the barrel of the forward firing m/g, the flexible mounted gun in the rear cockpit and the tail hook. This might be finished by the end of the week.. then on to the Fierfly...

Man, it really comes together with the decals. That looks great! Can't wait to see it with the wings on.

And have I said, I want one of those kits!

Stuart

April 22nd, 2012, 6:40 am #4

then you have the rigging to do . . heh heh heh!!
Rigging? what's that........

April 22nd, 2012, 6:40 am #5

Man, it really comes together with the decals. That looks great! Can't wait to see it with the wings on.

And have I said, I want one of those kits!

Stuart
Thanks Stuart.. it is an excellent kit!

April 22nd, 2012, 4:06 pm #6

Hi there,

You've made super progress there and I particularly admire the subtle weathering on the colour scheme. can't wait to see the finished article!

April 22nd, 2012, 11:38 pm #7

Hi there,

You have really popped the detail out nicely with the paint job too.

Regards,
Adrian