Surprised that the Airfix A-4B Hasn't arrived in the U.S. so far

Surprised that the Airfix A-4B Hasn't arrived in the U.S. so far

July 31st, 2012, 3:33 pm #1

Especially since I have had the 1/72nd Xtradecal A-4B Slyhawk sheet for two months now, waiting for the kit to be available here in the states. Usually when decals are released for a new kit, the availability is day apart!

Maybe it's because, everyone in England is on Holiday for the Olympics. It's possible .

July 31st, 2012, 3:48 pm #2

to go thru customs, then a slow truck to the dist and a slow van to your LHS. Your 10 gram decal sheet flew to your neck of the woods at 500 mph, followed by a short ride in a slow USPS van to your house.

July 31st, 2012, 3:52 pm #3

Especially since I have had the 1/72nd Xtradecal A-4B Slyhawk sheet for two months now, waiting for the kit to be available here in the states. Usually when decals are released for a new kit, the availability is day apart!

Maybe it's because, everyone in England is on Holiday for the Olympics. It's possible .
It takes most releases like Airfix, Revell Germany, Tamiya a few months to reach the US after their European or Asian release. Nothing new... been that way for years.

August 1st, 2012, 2:52 am #4

Got 2 plus the xtradecals sheet. They rock.

August 2nd, 2012, 1:32 am #5

...and it just arrived on Monday...here in Canada.
Last edited by AndrewGVW on August 2nd, 2012, 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.