suggestion for new air compressor

suggestion for new air compressor

February 8th, 2012, 9:13 pm #1

Hi.I am looking for a replacement air compressor as my 15-yr old Paasche D500 is making a lot of noise lately. I understand lot of people are using the compressor with tank from hardware stores but size and noise are issues for me since I live on a 2nd floor apartment building so i am limited to hobby compressor types. Has anyone using the Paasche D3000R unit ? Or any other recommendations? Thanks in advance.
Thanh.
Last edited by hvthanh on February 8th, 2012, 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

February 8th, 2012, 10:51 pm #2

I bought an Iwata Ninja and its great. The unit is small and compact. It does not have a tank but the motor noise is pretty quiet and is pretty much a non issue. The compressor has a built in pressure regulator and I added an Iwata moisture trap to the hose. I think its a great compact quiet compressor.

February 9th, 2012, 4:33 am #3

Hi.I am looking for a replacement air compressor as my 15-yr old Paasche D500 is making a lot of noise lately. I understand lot of people are using the compressor with tank from hardware stores but size and noise are issues for me since I live on a 2nd floor apartment building so i am limited to hobby compressor types. Has anyone using the Paasche D3000R unit ? Or any other recommendations? Thanks in advance.
Thanh.
Silent, inexpensive, but must be recharged periodically...

Unless your apartment building has very thin walls, I wouldn't think a small tank compressor would make much more noise than, say, vacuuming a common hallway with the doors shut, particularly if you put it in an interior closet, sitting on some towels or a rug when it's charging... just watch the pressure and move it to let it charge (?)

just a thought... good hunting!

February 9th, 2012, 4:59 am #4

My campbell hausfield made the devil's noise, and, as unfriendly, selfish, thoughtless as my upstairs neigbors are, I just couldn't do that to them. A CO2 tank and set up will run you about 150 bucks to get set up, and it does cost to refill, BUT, it's totally (and I mean totally) silent. If you are on the 2nd floor, you will certainly know what carrying things up a flight of stairs is like, and a CO2 tank is not that big and or bulky that you couldn't reasonably manage it.

"The FANS are fighting back!!!"
"The SECURITY GUARDS are fighting back!!!"
"The PEANUT VENDORS are fighting back!!!"

February 9th, 2012, 1:03 pm #5

unless you have to have oxygen for medical reasons, they prohibit such things

February 9th, 2012, 6:52 pm #6

Thanh.
A Grex compressor is quiet and not that expensive. Scroll down.

http://mysite.verizon.net/vzeulayn/id12.html

You can't spend your way out of poverty