Strange days Indeed! (Most perculiar, momma!)

Strange days Indeed! (Most perculiar, momma!)

January 31st, 2012, 8:21 pm #1

sorry to swipe lyrics from Lennon, but....

It is January 31st today. Dead of winter. I can easily recall 4 feet of snow on the ground here in Cleveland on this day in years past. I can easily recall temps of 4 degrees Fahrenheit. Now, I know some of you Cannucks scoff at these numbers, as do more than a few of the fellas in Wisconsin, and Minnesota. I am sure most of us have seen worse. BUT...... It is currently SIXTY TWO degrees outside. Just drove to work with the sunroof open. There's no snow, heck, the ground is almost firm enough to golf on (the local public tract won't let anyone out, it really is too wet and soggy. But.... SIXTY TWO degrees. In JANUARY.....

"The FANS are fighting back!!!"
"The SECURITY GUARDS are fighting back!!!"
"The PEANUT VENDORS are fighting back!!!"

January 31st, 2012, 8:27 pm #2

And I'm lovin' it... Changed the oil in my niece's HHR a few minutes ago. In short sleeves, laying on the ground.. Just like Spring....

BRING on SUMMERTIME!!

Cheers,
Dave

January 31st, 2012, 8:58 pm #3

It is January 31st today. Dead of winter. I can easily recall 4 feet of snow on the ground here in Cleveland on this day in years past. I can easily recall temps of 4 degrees Fahrenheit. Now, I know some of you Cannucks scoff at these numbers, as do more than a few of the fellas in Wisconsin, and Minnesota. I am sure most of us have seen worse. BUT...... It is currently SIXTY TWO degrees outside. Just drove to work with the sunroof open. There's no snow, heck, the ground is almost firm enough to golf on (the local public tract won't let anyone out, it really is too wet and soggy. But.... SIXTY TWO degrees. In JANUARY.....

While I can't remember the last time I wore long pants, this winter is the first one in some time that I have gotten strange looks for wearing shorts.

Mike

January 31st, 2012, 10:30 pm #4

snow up to your butt!! LOL!!

Bo

January 31st, 2012, 10:51 pm #5

Today's record high in my neck of the woods (mid-Michigan) is 59F set in 1989. On this day in 1990 it was -4F.

January 31st, 2012, 11:33 pm #6

January?? Any guesses what the 'experts' will say???

For sure we'e gonna PAY for this!! LOL!!!

Bo

February 1st, 2012, 12:07 am #7

I think it is called "la nina", same principle as "el nino"......

February 1st, 2012, 12:19 am #8

snow up to your butt!! LOL!!

Bo
But you're right.. We'll probably get an "a**hole deep to a 10ft Indian" snow in the next week or so..

Cheers,
Dave

February 1st, 2012, 12:25 am #9

66 degrees this afternoon. Mike

February 1st, 2012, 12:38 am #10

I moved from Wisconsin to Virginia a couple of years ago. I made a similar comment and the next thing I know, I have the worst Wisconsin winter delivered to my doorstep in VA. By the way, they don't have a clue about what to do with snow in VA!