Steve Ritchie's F4E load on kills 3 & 4

Steve Ritchie's F4E load on kills 3 & 4

April 15th, 2012, 1:12 pm #1

Ritchie was on a fighter sweep when He got kills number three and four. He was flying an F-4E coded ED serial 67-0362.

My question is what missels would He be carrying besides the AIM-7"s that were used for the two kills or were they the sole armament for that mission?.

Thanks for Your thoughts and suggestions.

April 16th, 2012, 3:43 am #2

Hi Tim,

I'm working at the moment so don't have the info in front of me but I'm sure all the info regarding weapon load outs on the missions is detailed in the Osprey series USAF F-4 Mig Killers of the Vietnam War part 2.

I'll check tonight if you like but you may find it sooner.
Looking forward to seeing a pic or two when you're done with the build.

Regards,

Ash Pitcher

April 16th, 2012, 12:01 pm #3

Hi Ash,
Thanks for the reply. I realy could use the help. I'm building Ritiches -E that He flew in July of 72 when he got kills three and four. I'm using Hasegawas Japanese version. I have Hasegawas weapons sets I can use. My problem is when I googled Ritchie and found this mission that ws flown it clearly says that His kills were gotten using AIM-7's. I found an execellant build of a 1:32 E of Ritichies plane on ARC gallery by a fellow named John McCormac. He did a real nice job but He mentions He used AIM-9J's.
I need to know what other type may of been used on that July fighter sweep.
Thanks for any help You can give. There is no hurry take Your time.
Thanks, Tim

April 16th, 2012, 3:54 pm #4

Ritchie was on a fighter sweep when He got kills number three and four. He was flying an F-4E coded ED serial 67-0362.

My question is what missels would He be carrying besides the AIM-7"s that were used for the two kills or were they the sole armament for that mission?.

Thanks for Your thoughts and suggestions.
AIM-9Js weren't carried before 2 August. Google Marty Cavato; somewhere out there in the ether are some photos he took with Ritchie & DeBellevue in the jet after the 28 July mission. Looks like four AIM-9Es, AN/ALQ-71(V)2 on the right inboard and AN/ALQ-101(V)1 on the left inboard. Only the right rear AIM-7E-2 Sparrow seems to remain.

April 19th, 2012, 1:32 pm #5

those are GREAT photos, thank you for telling us about them! I just googled the guys name.