Stayin' alive, stayin' alive, ahh ahh ahh stayin' aliiiiiiiive....

Stayin' alive, stayin' alive, ahh ahh ahh stayin' aliiiiiiiive....

May 11th, 2010, 1:17 pm #1

OK, so the Bee Gee's aint for everyone, especially me, since back when they were doing Saturday Night Fever, I was wearing a sleevless "Death Before Disco" t-shirts! Yeah, I was a little "Metalhead".

So any way, I'm keepin' the Navy/Marines in blue forum alive... These have all been posted befor as well...

I still have a Monogram -5 in the stash, which has already been partially disected to make a -2P for my collection. That'll be the last Pather for the collection.

F9F-2B

F9F-5 USMC

F9F-5 USN

F9F-5P

Hope you like 'em!

Semper Fi, Don
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.”
- Ronald Reagan

Semper Fi, Don
Luke: 22:36

May 11th, 2010, 9:50 pm #2

Sweet collection of Panthers you have there, Don - one of MY all-time fave US Navy birds! I knew a modeller once who said he didn't like building US Navy aircraft because they "weren't colourful enough" for his taste. But he didn't see your collection - plenty of colour here! nice builds - thanks for posting. BTW - I laughed out loud when I saw the name on that first aircraft: "Octane Sniffer" - Ha! Great nickname!
Best...Ted...

WIP Build:
Connies Pt.1; Connies Pt.2; Connies Pt.3; Connies Pt.4; Connies Pt.5

Previous WIP Builds:
Vickers Tank Pt.1; Vickers Tank Pt.2; Vickers Tank Pt.3; Vickers Tank Pt.4; Vickers Tank Pt.5; Vickers Tank Pt.6; Vickers Tank Finish

Tall Tales:
Cold War Incident
The Lucky Mig

May 14th, 2010, 1:32 pm #3

OK, so the Bee Gee's aint for everyone, especially me, since back when they were doing Saturday Night Fever, I was wearing a sleevless "Death Before Disco" t-shirts! Yeah, I was a little "Metalhead".

So any way, I'm keepin' the Navy/Marines in blue forum alive... These have all been posted befor as well...

I still have a Monogram -5 in the stash, which has already been partially disected to make a -2P for my collection. That'll be the last Pather for the collection.

F9F-2B

F9F-5 USMC

F9F-5 USN

F9F-5P

Hope you like 'em!

Semper Fi, Don
Just curious, the Revellogram boxing with the two post war schemes don't interest me too much- although they are colourful- is the scheme you chose, one in which the aircaft was actually working in Korea during the conflict? Tried to find some USN F9F-5P "operational pics" but so far only distant shots with no correlation between aircraft ident number and BuNo...
Dan.

May 14th, 2010, 6:00 pm #4

... I found 'one' picture on line, though I can tell you were it is, I seem to have lost it, and like a dumbass, I didn't save it, or bookmark it.

But yes, that scheme was operational during the squadrons deployment as in that picture, and some of the reading and research I did for the model. From what I could gather, that is the way the squadron marked thier birds between the time in the states, to the deployment, and after they changed the squadrons designation...

Hope that makes sense to you, I know at the time, I was a little confused till all the pieces of the history fell together...

Semper Fi, Don
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.”
- Ronald Reagan

Semper Fi, Don

May 27th, 2010, 2:10 am #5

Sweet collection of Panthers you have there, Don - one of MY all-time fave US Navy birds! I knew a modeller once who said he didn't like building US Navy aircraft because they "weren't colourful enough" for his taste. But he didn't see your collection - plenty of colour here! nice builds - thanks for posting. BTW - I laughed out loud when I saw the name on that first aircraft: "Octane Sniffer" - Ha! Great nickname!
Best...Ted...

WIP Build:
Connies Pt.1; Connies Pt.2; Connies Pt.3; Connies Pt.4; Connies Pt.5

Previous WIP Builds:
Vickers Tank Pt.1; Vickers Tank Pt.2; Vickers Tank Pt.3; Vickers Tank Pt.4; Vickers Tank Pt.5; Vickers Tank Pt.6; Vickers Tank Finish

Tall Tales:
Cold War Incident
The Lucky Mig
Is that from an aircraft or one you made up ? Great set of models, Don !! Thanks for the re-post as i hadn't seen them before. George

May 28th, 2010, 5:17 pm #6

... I found 'one' picture on line, though I can tell you were it is, I seem to have lost it, and like a dumbass, I didn't save it, or bookmark it.

But yes, that scheme was operational during the squadrons deployment as in that picture, and some of the reading and research I did for the model. From what I could gather, that is the way the squadron marked thier birds between the time in the states, to the deployment, and after they changed the squadrons designation...

Hope that makes sense to you, I know at the time, I was a little confused till all the pieces of the history fell together...

Semper Fi, Don
don,
sorry to bug you- I would appreciate the BuNo of the F9F-5P you featured on HS.
dan.

May 30th, 2010, 2:37 pm #7

Is that from an aircraft or one you made up ? Great set of models, Don !! Thanks for the re-post as i hadn't seen them before. George
... "Octane Sniffer" is pictured in Squadron/Signal's F9F in Action.

I copied the markings (dry transfers) using the book as inspiration.

Semper Fi, Don
- Ronald Reagan

Semper Fi, Don

May 30th, 2010, 2:41 pm #8

don,
sorry to bug you- I would appreciate the BuNo of the F9F-5P you featured on HS.
dan.
... It's no bother really...
The BuNo is 126277, I think those were the kit decals, so I'm not sure if they'll pass muster for accuracy.

Semper Fi, Don
- Ronald Reagan

Semper Fi, Don

June 5th, 2010, 11:28 pm #9

F9F-2B

F9F-5 USMC

F9F-5 USN

F9F-5P

Hope you like 'em!

Semper Fi, Don

:>)

Nice Cats, by the way. Esp. like your -5P - Great work!

Regards,

Tomt.