Starting to look like a Stuka

September 28th, 2017, 12:05 pm #1

So after about 70 hours work (yes, rather sadly, I do keep track) over more than three months, I've got this far with the Italeri 1:48 Ju 87 B2. A bit of a struggle so far. The cockpit tub was hard work to install and needed quite a bit of surgery to allow the fuselage halves to close. Could easily have been me though.

I used Ultimate primer for the first time with Xtracrylix paints. I'm going to stick with Ultimate for the next few builds. A coat of brush painted Future and now the decals from the box which so far are very nice (Cartograf) - lots of little colourful stencils.

Still got a way to go and at my glacial pace will probably take another month or so.

There's a strange personal story with this one which I'll share when I post the end result.

that's all folks
Mark

Hey you're right ... it does ! ____go Mark _____(nt)

September 29th, 2017, 12:11 am #2

I just like airplanes

Your Cutting Knife

October 26th, 2017, 2:35 pm #3

So after about 70 hours work (yes, rather sadly, I do keep track) over more than three months, I've got this far with the Italeri 1:48 Ju 87 B2. A bit of a struggle so far. The cockpit tub was hard work to install and needed quite a bit of surgery to allow the fuselage halves to close. Could easily have been me though.

I used Ultimate primer for the first time with Xtracrylix paints. I'm going to stick with Ultimate for the next few builds. A coat of brush painted Future and now the decals from the box which so far are very nice (Cartograf) - lots of little colourful stencils.

Still got a way to go and at my glacial pace will probably take another month or so.

There's a strange personal story with this one which I'll share when I post the end result.

that's all folks
Mark

Hi Mark:

I received a couple of the "scalpel" knives from my nephew who is a doctor back in the mid 1980's. He sent along a few dozen #11 pointed & #16 curved blades.

I built over 300 models during my career and I still have about 50 new blades left.

To everyone out in model land, go buy yourself this type of knife and some blades as they out cut any Xacto blade made.

Looks like you will end up with a nice STUKA.

Cheers!

RJW
-----------