Starting an attempt at something insane...

Starting an attempt at something insane...

April 7th, 2012, 11:27 am #1

Yeah that was my first thought when opening the box to this kit... people who build this stuff are insane! Haha... man I couldnt believe how small some of this stuff is. I dont think this is something I will want to do again! Not to say it won't be rewarding but the little work I have done so far has already really tested my patience.

The kit is the 1/350 Dragon USS Gearing 710, being converted to my father's ship, the USS William Wood 715. Not much to the conversion, really. Mostly eliminating a few gun installations and depth charge racks, and if I can find them, adding hedgehog launchers.

Unboxing:

Building one of many of the 40MM AA Guns

That's the gun sights on my fingertip... oh dear lord what did I get myself into lol

The gunner seats/footrests

Completed gun

Also built all of the main turrets.

This is going to take me a really long time! But it will get done... I think.

April 7th, 2012, 1:24 pm #2

Electron microscope

April 7th, 2012, 2:30 pm #3

Yeah that was my first thought when opening the box to this kit... people who build this stuff are insane! Haha... man I couldnt believe how small some of this stuff is. I dont think this is something I will want to do again! Not to say it won't be rewarding but the little work I have done so far has already really tested my patience.

The kit is the 1/350 Dragon USS Gearing 710, being converted to my father's ship, the USS William Wood 715. Not much to the conversion, really. Mostly eliminating a few gun installations and depth charge racks, and if I can find them, adding hedgehog launchers.

Unboxing:

That's the gun sights on my fingertip... oh dear lord what did I get myself into lol

Completed gun

Try one of the 1/700th kits some time!
Have some fun with this. I haven't build many ships, but they are very interesting and use a different skill set! And, yes, they do take some time.

April 7th, 2012, 5:39 pm #4

Electron microscope
Yes please!!

Someone on another post mentioned a trained spider... Where can I get one? Lol

April 7th, 2012, 9:14 pm #5

hired them all, real cool guys, here is there new house..

April 7th, 2012, 11:57 pm #6

Yes please!!

Someone on another post mentioned a trained spider... Where can I get one? Lol
I think your out of luck, the WW1 guys snapped them up for the wnw rigging.

April 8th, 2012, 7:07 am #7

Unboxing:

Completed gun

and Great job so far. I only as far as opening the box, before I thought about it and put it back Darren